• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 01/02/13: Stumpy Creek in Mooresville, NC

Well seems like a stay in the fairway do well sort of hole so im going to throw wizards or buzzzes 3 times and then putt with a wizard.

In a tourney I'd throw rocs or comets just to stay on the fairway. In a casual round I'd go for a little more with a PD.

This hole starts down near a creek and rises along the complete length of the fairway. My guess is that the elevation changes at least 60' as you head uphill. This means that to get to the best location from the tee for your second shot you almost have to go driver. Best bet is to play it for a par, but that is not easy.

Two thoughts come to mind here, the safe play and the go for it play.
Safe play: Grip Line Spike till I have a putt for a possible 4 but most likely 5.
Go for it play: Opto Striker off the tee, hopefully ride up to the landing zone. Striker or maybe even a Trident flexed to get up to the turn. Long eagle run with a Zero Line Spike.

Buzzz a few times, then Anode to finish. This hole looks awesome.

Two thoughts come to mind here, the safe play and the go for it play.
Safe play: Grip Line Spike till I have a putt for a possible 4 but most likely 5.
Go for it play: Opto Striker off the tee, hopefully ride up to the landing zone. Striker or maybe even a Trident flexed to get up to the turn. Long eagle run with a Zero Line Spike.

The knife in the back is when the safe play doesn't end up in the fairway.

Buzzz, Comet, Comet, Challenger. This hole would be a really good 4, 'll take what I can get.

I'm hyzer flipping a TM River or Diamond off the tee and going fugitive or roc after that until I can approach or putt with a wizard.

I'd stay on the fairway as much as possible...
ummm... maybe a River to work the glide... and no foot work.. just stand and deliver

Ugh, I remember this hole. It was pretty new when I played here last. I'd go with a Eagle or Leopard and pray I landed well, then cleaned up with Ion or Fuse shots probably. Definitely one of those holes I can see myself having to work my FH Leopard annys if I got caught on the left side too much.

Worn pro leopard off the tee, beat roc, upshot with a beat small bead aviar til I'm in putting range.