• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 03/24/13: Kress Creek Farms in West Chicago, IL

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
Kress Creek Farms in West Chicago, IL

Rating 2.86 from 18 reviews.

Hole #7 - 205', no details, no tips.

Tee:
15a4addc.jpg

Approach:
07f9c45d.jpg

Basket to tee:
1a194d8f.jpg

^this one is right down the street from me. Thumbers are pretty well blocked out by the canopy above

I would just throw my sss voodoo. Gotta be dead straight cuz the fairway tightens up when you get closer to the basket

Opto pure
Ditto.

This hole looks like almost every hole on one of my local courses in St. Peter MN. Most of the place looks like they just cut out 20-30 feet wide swaths of trees - fairways area mostly all grass now - but everything is tight, tight, tight! When I play it, I end up throwing Comets and lids (or Rocs or pick your stable midrange of the day) for alots of shots.

I've tried the thumber route on this shot. It's tough because of the tight window you have hit near the basket. You don't want to end up outside the trees on both sides. Also wind is almost always a factor on this course. So the high thumber shot can get pushed off course to the left and roll all the way down the hill to the swamp. I saw my buddy do it before. Not fun. I play it safe with a buzzz thrown flat at about 80% power. " 60% of the time it works 100% of the time" anchorman....