• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 10/14/2020: Leister Park DGC Hole #8 Hampstead, MD

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Leister Park DGC in Hampstead, MD

320 ft.

"Hole 8 is relatively flat. Not too narrow. There is a sharp dogleg left for the last 40 ft. If you can chuck a slight right to left 300ft, you'll be looking for birdie. The areas off the fairway are a bit dense with some sharp sticker bushes."

Tee
ecb4a89a.jpg

Basket
8d7c17a5.jpg

"Hole 8 is relatively flat. Not too narrow."

It looks the opposite of both.

If going off of the tip, I'd throw a rhbh tesla here. If going off what the picture looks like, I'm thinking to lay up to the top of the rise with jawbreaker ringer GT

RGBH Comet and count on my upshot for a three

I played here once. Nice course, but the rough was pretty rough. Probably tossed an understable fairway down the middle to stay on the fairway. Probably do the same again.

So let's say RHBH Plasma Insanity.

Comet or Roadrunner hyzer.

For two fellow PA throwers I'm surprised Fish and Blob are mentioning the tightness. Doesn't look any different than *insert random PA/northeast course here* holes IMO.

Comet or Roadrunner hyzer.

For two fellow PA throwers I'm surprised Fish and Blob are mentioning the tightness. Doesn't look any different than *insert random PA/northeast course here* holes IMO.

Nah, I was more about the "relatively flat" comment. It looks like a good uphill throw, and on those, I tend to try to overthrow a bit too much and have a rounding problem, thus tightening the lane ;)

Played it twice today

Played it twice today. Throwing a Warden putter since I was throwing them wild. First time though, ripped off a 200+ drive leaving a short toss through the trees. Doinked off the basket on my approach though. The second time though I clipped the fairway trees and accepted an easy bogey.

Fun hole though. It feels like on a good day a birdie is in the bag.

It's not really all that uphill. Tightness depends on what condition the course is in. Can get into some ceiling issues if too close to right rough. The right rough is mean. The real tightness comes from a guardian tree at the point where the holes moves left (and it more just opens up to the left. I wouldn't call it a dogleg).

I usually throw an FD LHBH dead straight. The shot requires late turn. To be in circle. If it ends up dead straight, that's fine.

There's a local route of sorts off to the left. Have to hit a narrow gap and then pretty much get lucky through the trees. So, maybe not a "line." But I can throw a flip up hyzer through that and get closer to the pin. Or take a horrible kick. Usually throw an Escape on that "line."

Latest posts