• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD: 10/27/2010

Since I can't make a 340' shot, I'll be playing for par. I'll go with a 150 champ Leopard through the left gap for a slight turnover. I expect to land it over the crest at about 200'. Then a 165 Element thrown flat and short of the pin. (If it were uphill to the pin, I might try to nail it.) Then putt.

looks like a job for my 11x kc pro teebird, toss it through the right gap and let her come on back for a tap in deuce, if all goes as planned...

I'd throw my rare poppy top, big bead, pearly, special blend, pro candy, 11x, second first run, nightshift, blueberry, circle tooled, bar stamped, gummy, zipper, CFR, sparkle, glow, starlight, ghost stamped, bottom stamped, USDGC fundraiser, 1 of 12, Super Birdie +.

Usualy i wouldnt try to throw a buzzz that far, but since it goes downhill towards the end i'd go for it. Right hand gap, gentle hyzer to flip straight to back hyzer to skip further than normal because it goes downhill to easy put.

I'd probably get to this tee and think that the best course of action would be to try to bomb a giant hyzer over the trees - to take all the risk out of the shot. I'd dig in my bag for awhile and realize that I forgot my flick on some previous hole - which would then make me reconsider. I'd probably just scratch my chin for awhile and eventually decide that my orc would be best here through the gap. I'll convince myself that I'll be able to make it through and it'll fade just right to the basket. Of course, I'll hit the first available tree and then curse at the top of my lungs. Then I'll be throwing a buzzz from an awkward angle just to get through the trees - and my disc will probably roll down into some of that awful schule on the left. Then I'll have to punch out - I'd probably use a roc for this, but a pizza box would do the trick as well. Then I'd miss my first putt (I use an XD). I'd curse again, then throw my XD as hard into the chains as possible, but miss. Then, I'd probably pick up my disc and tell my friend that I just got a bogey. And then he'd be all :mad: and then I'd be all :(

This is my home course. RHBH worn Star SL

fractalzoom I don't think it would be possible to throw a hyzer bomb those trees are tall and too close to the tee to get over them and still make it 340ft.

Throwing my Wraith with a little S on it. Trying to keep it on the high side because the slope to the left of the basket (from the tee) always sucks shots down there.

It looks like a slight left finish is favored (judging looking back to the guardians)

Either Z Buzzz or ESP XL depending on wind. I could go through either side (also depending on wind) but will favor the hole on the right.

RHBH - Depending on the wind, no wind to tail wind star leopard down the left gap. A headwind or L-R/R-L i'd go with an OLF down the right gap with a gentle hyzer.

RHBH
Locals, will a big skip near the basket put you in bad shape?

Yeah, the hill drops fairly hard to the left of/behind the pin. A big skip or a rollaway can put you in the woods on the left.

-----------

The elevation drop on the second picture isn't as severe as it seems. In fact, the basket and teepad are almost level, with a small hill to drive over. The hole plays a bit longer than the listed distance.

I usually play this one safe, TL through the left gap and lay up for par. Bigger arms can go for the pin through the right gap. But leaving the drive short forces a dangerous approach with the hill behind/left of the basket.

Make the hole a bit more interesting, bet beers on which tree your friends will hit off the drive.