• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 2/18/2023: Frost Valley DGC Hole #1 Claryville, NY

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Frost Valley DGC in Claryville, NY

Blue 574 ft
Red 348 ft

"#1- From the back tees it's a bit of a right turn to a landing area, then maybe a little left to right to the elevated basket, though other lines might work. From the shorts it's a straighter drive to the basket (just find a line that misses the bigger trees), then an approach to a basket up over a stony ridge. Green protected by some large trees. Kids may be screaming from the giant swing behind the hole, but they aren't close enough to worry about hitting. The giant swing looks like a blast, but resist the temptation to go for a ride, there's plenty of disc golf to be played."

Blue Tee
afcf659e.jpg

Red Tee
d74a2ceb.jpg

Approach
01175511.jpg

As tempting as it is to smash on a distance driver, I think I'd go hex off both tees to ensure making that initial gap
. Probably hex/ion the entire hole.

Backhand stratus followed by forehand firebird, if the course was open ? A darn shame if it's still closed.

Depends on the distance to the landing area - maybe an Instinct, PD, or FD if a driver needed or a MD3 or Origin if a mid will suffice. From there, play accordingly. It seems playing for par is the best strategy as too much can go wrong on this hole.

UDisc shows the course open as of a few months ago, but 20 dollars to play. Comments on UDisc state the course is overgrown and neglected.

Sidewinder has a 5.0 review from 2016, and posted a video of him playing the course on the review, and the course looks good from 7 years ago. Sidewinder can crush it and hit gaps!

Blue- Plasma Insanity

Red- Star Tern

Champ Firebird thumbahawkenade from the swings

Long: Comet x2 RHBH
Short: Valkyrie RHBH

Backhand stratus followed by forehand firebird, if the course was open ? A darn shame if it's still closed.
The guy that maintains the course commented on my first video below, so I went and played it in the fall last year, see vid above ^. For a mountain course it was in decent shape, but still lots of trees and branches down and some sapplings in the fairways on the steep parts. Nobody had played the long tees there in quite some time as many were covered in leaves. I think they are trying to do better with the maintenance, especially the shorter layout. The course is closed most of the summer for camp. Definitely want to contact someone there to make sure it's open, and you can get pre-approval/pay done too that way.

Long pad: Lucid Escape

Short pad: Lucid Evader

This looks amazing, Inspired by the video I am probably going:

Long: FH Chameleon off the tee, Ideally FH Berg or BH beat Envy for my second shot.
Short: Probably an Iguana RHBH off the tee or if that seems like too big a stretch my beat crave.

This looks amazing, Inspired by the video I am probably going:

Long: FH Chameleon off the tee, Ideally FH Berg or BH beat Envy for my second shot.
Short: Probably an Iguana RHBH off the tee or if that seems like too big a stretch my beat crave.
Great shots from the long tee are landing just in front of the short tee, no way anyone is throwing a berg 325' uphill 25', it's a mash.

Latest posts