• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/22/2016: Hyland Orchard & Brewery DGC Hole 16 in Fiskdale, MA

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.83 from 15 reviews.

Hole 16
Par 3
Pin A: 262 ft.
Pin B: 280 ft.

Tee:
344514aa.jpg

Approach:
6a56e454.jpg

Course Map

Just waiting for Kevin Waring to check in with which Eagle he'd throw. ;)

750 M4 - hope it stays flat enough to penetrate most of the trees.

Ive played this course a number of times - its only 30 minutes from me. The pics dont do it justice. From the end of that foot bridge, the basket is about 50-75 ahead, just a bit to the left. The teepad though, is just to the left of where the picture was taken, last I was there. In the first picture, the gap is not as big as it looks. You can sort of see in the first picture, a straight drive should put you between the first two trees. You're hitting about a 3' gap. The trees behind that are at a very tough angle to get a straight drive all the way the through.

I play a teebird out to the right of those trees and play the fade back to the basket. Or ill layup the end of the foot back and then have a better look through the trees.

I'm gonna throw a Buzzz just because ;)

:thmbup: Just for that... I need to go to KWs and get an Eagle... Used to LOVE those things.

After looking at that picture again, I'm thinking I'd try to hang a slightly OS fairway out to the right side and let it fade back. Looks to be a wider gap leading to the basket on the RHBH hyzer line...

400s F5, a bit high, aiming for the right side gap.