• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/7/2017: The Oaks Hole 2 in Mokena, IL

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.67 from 45 reviews.

Hole 2
White Tee: 300 ft. Par 4
Blue Tee: 370 ft. Par 3

Tee Sign:
54614425.jpg

White Tee:
01910327.jpg

Basket:
0227b5db.jpg

Course Map

RHBH Heat for both with probably an Envy upshot on the long

The shorter tee is a higher par? Weird.

White: S-FD
Blue: C-CD3

I've seen that before, it's because the short tee is intended for rec/casual players. They make the par a little more forgiving.

This hole is my first ever ace! I threw a 10X KC Pro Eagle forehand from the whites back in probably 2003 or 2004.

I have a soft spot for this course, as it's one of the first ones I ever regularly played (as a barefoot chucker, probably carrying more beers than discs). When this course opened in the early 2000's it was one of the best courses in the area. It's been left behind a little bit by the newer ones (Highland Park, The Canyons), but it's still a fun course. Nice gently rolling terrain and big mature trees, lots of shot variety and little chance of losing discs. It's been a while since I played there, but this is what I remember:

The basket is tucked behind a big clump of bushes and there's sort of a ditch running perpendicular to the hole, right behind the basket. There is a line of trees along this ditch, you can see one of them in the upper-left of the basket picture.

The route on the left side is relatively clear but you don't want to hyzer out and end up in the bushes over there. It's likely that a missed putt will blow too far past the basket and into the ditch for a long come-back.

My preferred play is to throw a midrange (Gravity Ghost) high and to the right, and let it crash down over the top of the bushes. The goal is to sneak in right behind them if possible. It's a bit of a gamble how you'll bounce around in the bushes and end up, but usually you're within the circle and putting uphill. The risk is that if you put too much juice on your throw, you'll hit the trees running along the ditch and get knocked down. I basically do the same thing from the long tee but throw a stable fairway driver (Pinnacle Rival).

fyi, basket pic is basket to tee. tough to sick close, down hill, protected. tournament aced when stuck into the side of the basket before rule was changed.(as far as i know, you know who you are, next time pick up the ace pool yourself ;)

Last edited:
White: Star Valkyrie RHBH
Blue: Z Crank RHBH

Both coming in hot, hoping to hit trees and fall close enough for a putt. If I'm off, things could get ugly.