• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/26/14: Gordon Lake DGC Hole 1 in Iowa Park, TX

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.40 from 5 reviews.

Hole 1
Par 3
257 ft, plays downhill

Tee Sign:
5590f010.jpg

Tee to Basket:
9ba1eaf8.jpg

Course Map:
9b97e55d.jpg

This hole changes depends on the wind. It's situated northeast to southwest. It's important because the wind is always from the northwest or south east. I've seen the wind carry disc over the basket and I have seen disc just stall out. I was there when a lefty buddy threw his disc, and it traveled far left corner of box about 40 feet left of that dead tree. Grab the air and proceded over the basket and in the fairway that would be even in line with the tee sign.
ON A SIDE NOTE. The creation of this hole was suppose to be anything left of the wood pillars would be ob. The sign came back from shop showing just spillway was ob. When we run official tournaments we will sometimes chalk off and use the ob. It's not a very nice place to be either as the dam leaks and most run off stays right in that area.
I use a giant on northwest wind days and a northman on south east wind days. I am a flicker so I usually try to cut just left of that closest tree.