• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How does apparel effect your game

The main thing for me is comfort and range of motion. If there is anything restrictive you won't have full confidence in the shot.

Also good shoes with decent treads, I fall way too much on tee pads when the good shoes get left.

The leopard, the giant and the wardrobe.

I know people who play have told me that something as little as wearing a hat and shades one day and non another day can affect your play, I have no probs with this though, but I always play with a hat, and rarely change my tennis shoes, lace up.

I always wear a hat... i play worse without it for some reason. I never ever play in jeans... just can't do it. Winter time play is in khakis or camo.

I get a kick out of folks who claim they get 95 or 100 degrees, AND 100% humidity. That doesn't happen. In the morning you probably get 70 - 75 degrees with 100% humidity, and then in the afternoon you might get 95 - 100 degrees, but the humidity will be 40 - 50%. It is pretty much impossible to have enough moisture in the air to have 100/100.

Don't get me wrong, that is still muggy as hell and I soak shirts in that weather. But don't get carried away!!

humidity measurements do reach 100%.. I think you are confusing dew point which its impossible to get 100 but here in MN we have seen 80+ record dew points with temps into 100degrees and basically more tropical feeling than a jungle. It is impossible to have 100 dew point but humidity measures reach 100 all the time doesn't have anything to do with temps really. cold and hot climates can be humid.

humidity measurements do reach 100%.. I think you are confusing dew point which its impossible to get 100 but here in MN we have seen 80+ record dew points with temps into 100degrees and basically more tropical feeling than a jungle. It is impossible to have 100 dew point but humidity measures reach 100 all the time doesn't have anything to do with temps really. cold and hot climates can be humid.

Again, he was just saying it's impossible (at least here in the States) for humidity to reach 100% when the temperature outside is 95-100 degrees. He never said it was impossible to reach 100% humidity.

I play in jeans all the time. True story.

In 100 degrees and 100% humidity. Another true story.

:|

:D

I play in leather pants and a fur coat.

In Saudi Arabia. :|

(IRL I hate pants)

I rarely wear a three piece suit, but when I do I feel ... special.

Think I'll try it on the course. Either that or a tennis dress. Probably should wait for 110% humidity though.

Good clothing is not likely to improve your game but bad clothing can sure hurt it.

I'm looking at some cool shirts by Innova or other brands. I want to know how it plays a role in my game. Compared to a normal T-Shirt and Jeans how much worse or better will I play? Why is clothing necessary (besides your shoes which I always wear tennis shoes)? Thanks!:hfive:

Everyone knows you can throw farther if you are wearing an Innova shirt! :clap:

Latest posts