• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

• Total voters
Far enough then I change to a mid.. These threads are like D measuring (except that would actaully count for something). If you wanna pump a putter great. I just dont care to when I can throw a midrange more accurately with less power.

300-320 ft, with an anode is max distance. Done it on a football field plenty of times but rarely would I try to throw a putter even 250 or more on the course, that only happens during putter only rounds. Ftr, the anode/ion is the only putter I've thrown that far.

I typically throw my putter (Classic or Classic Soft Warden, depending on the line) for drives 225' or less. I almost exclusively use Suspects (Lucid, Bio and the Classic trio :thmbup:) for approach duties in this distance range; easier for me to range and rip!

I have threed hole 12 at USDGC with a JK Aviar second shot into the pea gravel... probably 380 uphill.

With little to wind and an open field, I've hit a bit over 330'. I can consistently hit 300, but again, this is in wide open spaces where no obstacles or height restrictions exist. On a golf line, I feel comfortable using my putters on straight lines without much overhead to knock the disc down at about 280' and in. I hit chains and sank an ace on the same hole with my putter at NE lions in Norman, hole 1, and it's measured at 270'.

I use KcPro Aviars, btw.

On a good day 300 is possible - Judge, Pure, Mercy are my Putters. The Sinus doesn't go as far...

Latest posts