• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far is it possible to throw after 2 years of maximum effort/training?

Kjimsern

Par Member
I started playing 2 years ago and with the help of seabas22 i wanted to see the maximum distance i could throw by training everyday and doing basicly everything possible to get better.

Explosive strength, Disc Golf Strong, form checks every week, continuous help from seabas22 and also staying injury free during the whole period.

The hardest part about this training was to take breaks so i wouldnt create bad habits by being tired and try to stick with maximum 2-3 field work sessions every week.

I did not miss one training session during these 2 years, snow, rain, bad weather did not stop me.

I am 6.2 and have a wingspan of 6.4

My ape index is 1.042

Hopefully one day i can travel from Norway across the sea to compete, but my short game and putting has to become alot better and that is probably the hardest part to improve in my opinion.

Here is the results.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8E4BlfhPY

Have a nice day!

Very dedicated. We would need the other thousands of variables needed to answer your question. Many of which are innate or genetic borne, IMO. Keep working, enjoy the "journey" and make sure you are paying attention to the mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of your plight. I am sure there are a ton of great books on the venture to professional athletics.

Nice job! Very cool to get good results.

One thing kept distracting me though. Are you on a baseball field? In Norway?

I thought that must be rare. I was a baseball player and have played with people from all over the world but never heard of any from Norway! Netherlands has a lot though.

I had a buddy that played professionally in the Dutch baseball league after college. Seemed super bizarre to me, but I didn't realize that the Netherlands has a significant baseball population. To me it seemed like moving to Las Vegas as a professional ice fisherman.

I had a buddy that played professionally in the Dutch baseball league after college. Seemed super bizarre to me, but I didn't realize that the Netherlands has a significant baseball population. To me it seemed like moving to Las Vegas as a professional ice fisherman.

Yeah, that's actually a pretty decent league. Just ahead of Italy for beat in Europe, though popularity is much less than NA/East Asia.

Curaçao and Aruba being territories makes them have a pretty strong national team as well.

I started playing 2 years ago and with the help of seabas22 i wanted to see the maximum distance i could throw by training everyday and doing basicly everything possible to get better.

Explosive strength, Disc Golf Strong, form checks every week, continuous help from seabas22 and also staying injury free during the whole period.

The hardest part about this training was to take breaks so i wouldnt create bad habits by being tired and try to stick with maximum 2-3 field work sessions every week.

I did not miss one training session during these 2 years, snow, rain, bad weather did not stop me.

My ape index is 1.042

Hopefully one day i can travel from Norway across the sea to compete, but my short game and putting has to become alot better and that is probably the hardest part to improve in my opinion.

Here is the results.

Have a nice day!

So, did you decide to go on this journey right from the start or was this something you decided to do after playing for a little while? Was it 2 years of working with Seabass right from the start?

My real question is what was your distance when you set out on this goal? If you started with Seabass essentially from the time you started playing, then there is no real baseline. If you played for 3-6 months and then decided to start the training program, then you had something of a baseline.

My ape index is 1.042

Here is the results.

Have a nice day!

Great job. It's clear how much work you have put in.

So, did you decide to go on this journey right from the start or was this something you decided to do after playing for a little while? Was it 2 years of working with Seabass right from the start?

My real question is what was your distance when you set out on this goal? If you started with Seabass essentially from the time you started playing, then there is no real baseline. If you played for 3-6 months and then decided to start the training program, then you had something of a baseline.
Just over a year, March 2021.

Really impressive work. Congrats on your results! It's rare to see someone throw that far.

I'm sitting at the 400-500 range. What took you beyond that and into 500-600?

I watched on my phone so it's a bit hard to see the flights. Are you throwing flippy stuff up high to get those distances?

Really impressive work. Congrats on your results! It's rare to see someone throw that far.

I'm sitting at the 400-500 range. What took you beyond that and into 500-600?

I watched on my phone so it's a bit hard to see the flights. Are you throwing flippy stuff up high to get those distances?

Working on all aspects that could increase distance, mobility, form, explosive strength.

400-500 range was a place for me i feelt i could never leave but i just keept at it with everything.

I used brand new cloud breaker 3's and star katana, so i used both kinds of stability.

Stable and flippy with medium to high release.

You appear to be of good body type to achieve this outcome. It's really cool you applied yourself to maximize your ability. Keep up the work ethic in whatever you do and it will pay off.