• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs are in your bag?

I played in a league where one round I put 10 discs in the ponds (got 4 back immediately and 2 back after someone found them). Played a putter only round, took 6 putters, went home with 2 in my bag and 4 in the ponds.

I don't care for water carries. :)

Water carries are why a Wahoo is ALWAYS in my bag (one of 9 discs I carry). After losing my Buzzz with a bad kick off a tree into a creek on a short hole, I bought a Hydra that I will carry sometimes. Don't really like the feel of the disc, but it is better than losing a beloved Buzzz.

Got room for 22 in my usual bag, but often pull a half-dozen or so due to color, performance, etc. before I start. Got other bags that hold 15 and 12 (different discs, different states), and have carried the small bag with 5. Finished a long day at Horning's recently carrying a mid and putter in one hand and a beer in the other, on the Highlands 18, and shot -9.

about 9 usually. I swap out about half of the bag monthly as I like to play with different stuff, shaping lines with the "wrong" disc just to see if I can. I have plenty at home in boxes to experiment with....

20-22

3 Swans
1 Stego
1 Harp
2 Bards
1 Warship
1 Justice
2 Tyrants
2 Stags
3 Flares
2 Kahu
3 Warhorses

Throw a few in and out depending on the course.

I normally carry 21 in my DD Commander bag. After 2.5 years of playing, I am still trying to figure out if it's the disc or the player that is the issue. :confused:

Most of my rounds are solo, so I tend to throw multiple shots off the tee when I am not playing a scored round. I haven't jumped on the "minimal molds" bandwagon so I basically carry 20 molds [I do have a putting and throwing Warden].

In a tournament or league... I probably only throw 12 to 14 discs though.

I seem to drop one disk per year after turning age 50. I am 59 now and pack around 24... its not easy taking one out but getting old is a mofo.

Usually no more than 10, usually hover around the 6-8 mark.

Water carries are why a Wahoo is ALWAYS in my bag (one of 9 discs I carry). After losing my Buzzz with a bad kick off a tree into a creek on a short hole, I bought a Hydra that I will carry sometimes. Don't really like the feel of the disc, but it is better than losing a beloved Buzzz.

Timing! I put a well-used Buzzzz into the pond yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get it back.:\

I have a couple Upper Park bags I carry on the regular...

Upper Park Shift: 12-14 discs for casual rounds and league play
Upper Park Rebel: 20+ discs for longer courses and tournament play

Timing! I put a well-used Buzzzz into the pond yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get it back.:\

I hope you get your Buzzz back! I throw mine so much that I now carry (or at least have in the car) a spare. I got a Truth yesterday as a gift, so I might see if being Truthful is better than being Buzzzed.

Course familiarity dependent.

Something I've played countless times? Typically my small bag (10-12ish), excluding behemoths a la Iron Hill gold to gold.

New course, somewhere I haven't played many times, or a par72 style course? 20ish depending upon which big bag I bring.

With the big bags I still typically throw the same 6-8 discs, it's just nice to have 10 or more specific/specialty ones to rely on. I don't think I've ever thrown every disc in a big bag in one round before.

Well, my bag takes 19 + 2 putters and that makes it full and snug, so no reason to bring less. Since there is snow on the ground, have swapped most of the white discs to other colors, molds remain the same, do swap plastic here and there, mostly with Ghosts of which I have in five plastics.

2 Clutch (Legend and Gravity for putting)
Clozer (upshots)
2 Ghost (Excel and Gravity)
Pursuit
2 Patriot (Icon and Pinnacle, latter equipped with led lights)
3 Rival (2 Icon, 1 Pinnacle, last on with led lights)
2 Bandit (Icon, Pinnacle, latter with led lights)
Enemy
4 Outlaw (3 Icon, 1 Pinnacle with led lights)
2 Aftermath
Cannon (Glow with led lights)