• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

hurricane damage!

funkyjase

Bogey Member
With Hurricane Irene looming, is anyone else concerned about the damage their local course might take this weekend? My local course is Sedgley Woods in Philadelphia, and many a tree has been knocked down by much lesser storms. There are a lot of old trees on this course and I'm definitely concerned a few of them are going to be thrashed, maybe taking some baskets, signs or tee pads in the process.

I'm more worried about Sedgley than I am about my house or my own safety! Anybody else feeling the same?

not looking good for a few..

glenburnie park , new bern
joe eakes park , kure beach
castle hayne park , wilmington
northeast creek park ,

Trees fall and courses change, I would just be worried about trees falling ON the pins. That would be sad. Is somebody putting the pins in their 'safest' location?

I don't know if anyone is taking the pins out, but I doubt it..

Sedgley has a few holes that would be pretty screwed up if they lost a tree or two, but I suppose you're right... things change.

the course is not one of my worries right now. i live 500 yards from the ocean

no doubt....
we should start a "Hey I'm fine!" thread in the water cooler...

isn't a category 3? why is everyone freaking out about this?

The course I built in the spring is in a floodplain and littered with big dead trees.....I should go down and remove the baskets but I dont have a truck or the manpower.......keeping fingers crossed

The eye of the storm looks like it will hit between Northeast Creek Park and Glennburnie Park. Right where i live. Looks like a busy week cleaning up.

Damn - feel kinda bad for you guys - me being safe up here in Upstate NY an all where nothing exciting happens and the only thing we have to worry about is snow an that ain't coming for at least another 2 months...

Im in indiana. Worst we get is lake effect snow. Hope everyones home courses dont take too much of a hit

Latest posts