• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hydration pack that doesn't interfere with throw

AaronAbn

Wanted a hydration pack (camelbak-like) I could wear without being hindered while throwing. I usually play solo with a couple discs at a time and don't like to carry a bag, or have to reach for anything but discs. Searched here and elsewhere for a suggestion but didn't really find anything so tried a few and found one that has worked great.

http://nathansports.com/our-products/hydrationnutrition/paks/x-ceed

Pros: throws not affected, full range of motion, not floppy during throw/rotation/walking or jogging, comfy, holds 2L of water, towel clipped to bag

Cons: byproduct of allowing for the full range of motion- comes together in center of chest at small pocket making a "he-man" look... not a fan of the bright yellow/ reflective grey. I have no real use for the small chest pocket.

Been throwing with the pack for about a year and couldn't be more satisfied with its performance. Perfect for a minimalist type disk golfer who's not worried about looking like the cool kids at the local course. Hope someone may find this useful.

No need to 'stay thirsty my friend'

I'm more interested in this related item:

ShMOG.png

A bottle of water in your bag's cup holder?

Seriously though, do you just have too much money and look a bit too well adjusted? Why make drinking water into some sort of chore? "Oh man, I'm really thirsty, but it is waaaay to hard to reach all the way to my bag for my bottle."

lol, just buy a bottle of water. that thing is $80 and looks cumbersome and rediculous

not trying to be too hard on you, just being honest.

Seriously though, do you just have too much money and look a bit too well adjusted? Why make drinking water into some sort of chore? "Oh man, I'm really thirsty, but it is waaaay to hard to reach all the way to my bag for my bottle."

THIS^^

I understand where he's coming from. In the summer months it's triple digits and very humid so a bottle of water will last me all of about 3 holes here. I'd rather carry a camelbak for 2L of water and my nutsac for discs than the giant Innova Discarrier and two 1L Nalgene bottles. I don't know if I could throw with it on my back and I don't want to spend eighty bucks. But I get where you are coming from. I played with a guy today who has one for biking and only owns six discs. It wouldn't make sense for him to buy a disc golf bag just to fit in to the stereotypical mold disc golfer.

Triple digits in Indiana? [/troll]

Seriously though, I'd actually go about solving this in a different method. Get a Nutsac bag to wear and lug your drink/drinks instead. In the summer when it's really hot in Ohio, I actually go with a Ching JamBag and just lug as much water as I can carry that I fit into the sides of the bag. Your load gets a lot lighter as you drink. It's basically a $12 solution to this puzzle for me. No large bag, I can carry 5 discs and 2 bottles.

Well in his op, he states that he doesn't carry a bag and doesn't like to...sooo

I guess this would be good if I was running a course and playing. I don't know that I'd really want to play with it but to each their own..

Triple digits in Indiana? [/troll]

Seriously though, I'd actually go about solving this in a different method. Get a Nutsac bag to wear and lug your drink/drinks instead. In the summer when it's really hot in Ohio, I actually go with a Ching JamBag and just lug as much water as I can carry that I fit into the sides of the bag. Your load gets a lot lighter as you drink. It's basically a $12 solution to this puzzle for me. No large bag, I can carry 5 discs and 2 bottles.

I live in Kansas and I said triple digits not the poster. I've lived in Arizona and Texas and I'll take those summer days over Kansas each year. The humidity just pulls water out of you. I think last summer was a record for most consecutive days over 100 degrees and I don't see it being any better this year. A bottle of water is just not going to cut it for a full round. Not unless I want to walk back to the car a few times for a refill.

also...who the hell cares what this guy wants to carry or how he will look doing it? This is an equipment forum and it's his second post....compared to most new posters he's a rockstar already and he's catching crap for making a good post that some might find useful. Give the guy some credit.

also...who the hell cares what this guy wants to carry or how he will look doing it? This is an equipment forum and it's his second post....compared to most new posters he's a rockstar already and he's catching crap for making a good post that some might find useful. Give the guy some credit.

This.

Get off of his dick everyone...if he wants to play with that on, let him - sorry he doesn't have a Simian or some other $200 bag.

I don't get the fuss about carrying tons of water with you. If you really want to stay hydrated, drink the water BEFORE your round. Carry a bottle to wet your whistle, but jeez you guys make it sound like you're going on a weekend trek across the Serengeti

I don't get the fuss about carrying tons of water with you. If you really want to stay hydrated, drink the water BEFORE your round. Carry a bottle to wet your whistle, but jeez you guys make it sound like you're going on a weekend trek across the Serengeti

This is partially true...if you start out dehydrated and you're still losing water through exertion and cooling, then you won't be able to catch up. However, if you're losing water fast and you're going to be out for awhile, it totally makes sense to keep hydrating if you want to feel and play your best - or at least feel a little fresher in the heat. I learned this in mountain bike races. Used to rely on bottles and hated the idea of camelbaks. In races, it's difficult to find a place to grab the bottle, let alone drink enough at race pace, and get it back in the cage...result is that your performance decreases *dramatically* and you finish the race feeling wiped out. When I finally caved and bought a camelbak, it was amazing how my race performance improved via constant hydration - and recovery after the race was fast n easy.

I've used a camelbak a couple times on putter rounds in the summer...it's a fun, light way to cruise the course. There are lots out there with a lower capacity and narrow profile. Camelbak, Fox, Deuter, Dakine, and Nalgene all make models like this. It take a little getting used to, but I didn't find that my reachback or rotation suffered at all from wearing the pack. But do what works for you, bag, bottle, or pack.

You obviously don't play much in hot weather. I easily go through one or two 32oz Gatorades per 18 holes on the hot muggy days.

You obviously don't play much in hot weather. I easily go through one or two 32oz Gatorades per 18 holes on the hot muggy days.

When I know I'm going to be outside I drink plenty of water in the morning and for lunch, then bringa 32oz bottle of water with me