• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I-40 DG Roadtrip

Moify

Birdie Member
So, I just wanted to get a list compiled here of all the courses that are pretty much directly off of Interstate 40, specifically (but not limited to), North Carolina.

I would like to see people add courses, just say which exit it is, the road name, location and the course name.

I'll just throw down a few off the top of my head that I play. I live in Boone, NC, but have driven the long North Carolina stretch of I-40 hundreds of times. Here's the ones I consistently stop by, or know about. Tell me about new ones so I can add them.

Exit 420 (Gordon Rd) Castle Hayne Park - Wilmington, NC
Exit 273B (NC Hwy 54) Leigh Farm Park - Durham, NC
Exit 123 (321 N) Glenn C. Hilton Memorial Park - Hickory NC

Last edited:
Can't you find that out with a (shameless plug) premium membership?

Can't you find that out with a (shameless plug) premium membership?

Haha, I have UDisc+ that shows where courses are located relative to you on a map. But no, didn't know, I just wanted to get some feedback from players who might be looking for the same kind of list.

What's considered right off?

Unc is like 3 miles off the same exit as Leigh farm

What's considered right off?

Unc is like 3 miles off the same exit as Leigh farm

This is true. I guess I mean ones that are like directly off of the interstate. UNC isn't far, but I just like the idea of driving down I-40 and hopping off to play a quick round.

Also, that stretch of Hwy 54 is annoying with about a hundred stoplights. :wall:

Thompson Park in Amarillo and Roosevelt Park in Albuquerque are some quick I40 stops I recently made.

Yadkinville Co. Park. Exit 256 Unifi Industrial Park Rd.

Its less than a mile from the exit follow signs to park just behind ymca. Its 20-25 min west of downtown Winston-Salem. Glen C. Hilton is an hr west of it which I see is already listed. Both are sweet tracks. Moved away from the area about a year ago. A very scenic shot in the back (hole 9) at the top of a hill looking into the mountains. It was a tone pole course decades ago, one such pole still exists short and to the right of basket 14. Cool history fact.

Yadkinville Co. Park. Exit 256 Unifi Industrial Park Rd.

Its less than a mile from the exit follow signs to park just behind ymca. Its 20-25 min west of downtown Winston-Salem. Glen C. Hilton is an hr west of it which I see is already listed. Both are sweet tracks. Moved away from the area about a year ago. A very scenic shot in the back (hole 9) at the top of a hill looking into the mountains. It was a tone pole course decades ago, one such pole still exists short and to the right of basket 14. Cool history fact.

I'm pretty sure that's down 421, not on 40. However, I do love that course. Played it for the first time a month ago and loved it. It's only 30 minutes from I-40, though.

I did almost put that one on the list, but I forgot I was looking for I-40 courses, not courses on my trips up to Boone, haha. :)

If you are going up that way and looking for a good ass-kicking, play the Wilkesboro course. Talk about a monster of a course. It's eaten like four discs of mine.

Last edited:
There is a standard feature of this site called map browser...

There is a standard feature of this site called map browser...

Yeah that's by zip, though. I want a list of courses on I-40. There's not a "which courses are on this road?" feature. But you can go and punch in every zip code on I-40 for me if you'd like? :clap:

How did you like amarillo? Did you get to play our new 9 holes?

It was a little open for my tastes, but not a bad park course, the little bit of elevation helped a lot. I played 18 holes, do you have 27 now?

Latest posts