• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] I need a Brick

Please get yourself a K1 Berg. It is the one mold in my game that I would really struggle to find with another manufacturer. It really likes to just sink out of the air. So easy for short placement shots and approaches. I love it for FH's. A really special mold.

You're not going to get a lot of distance from it. Plenty of HSS can handle snap but it won't fade out hard on you like a Zone.

The BERG is a absolute "most have" on short downhill holes. . Everything else i´v tried just fly by those kind of holes.

Have not tryed the SCALE, so very intrested to test that against my BERG

I gave up overstable putters in favor of the Mortar and Deflector. Technically they are mids, but I find them to be bricky approach discs so I'm not worried about the distinction between putter and mid.

it's definitely not a brick, but I can get the Aviar X3 to drop pretty well

I'll give ya that. I'm a P3X kinda guy myself and if it put it on a little anny or just throw it flat, hard it's bricky. Hit and sit. I have thrown my buddy's AviarX3 a bit and would fit the same slot if I preferred beadless. It's also good for a lower, nose up intentional skip approach. Great disc.

Them's jokes buddy.

I say that only for the player, who asked about the discs. The guy who asked about a brick and has been playing a while. I did not know the disc excited until I was playing for several years, and that the Training Wizard had been around since the Wizard's first year anniversary. It was not until almost 2010 that I found out about the Training/Practice Wizard.

Last edited:
Berg = brick. If you can find a red Berg it will be the lightest, most roundest brick you ever throw.

forreal tho Reptilian Disc Golf SERPENT or SCALE and Element Discs Iridium or Berg ---- those are your 4 choices for a awesome brick - My Fav is the Serpent tho

Berg hands-down. It flies pretty straight, then when it slows down it's like the disc just gives up and drops out of the air. I would give it a -1 on the glide rating - I have never thrown one too far. K1 (Glow if you want) for a nice slightly overstable flight, and K3 for dead straight once it beats in. The K3 is also golden for forehand approaches.

I picked up both a Pig and a Berg and have been testing them side by side. The berg is a true brick, pretty much just falls. the pig has a little bit more distance, not really what i'm looking for, but it feels way more comfortable in the hand and it fights wind like a champ. I would bag both if I wasn't trying to keep my molds to a minimum. Still haven't completely decided between the two, but at this point the Pig seems to be more useful. I love the flight, or lack of, on the Berg though.