• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kalkaska, MI

Log Lake Park

Permanent course
2.865(based on 14 reviews)
Ice Bowl
Posted by Disc Golf Cowboy
Other
Log Lake Park
Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 08:00 AM
Until: Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Category

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

Start: Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 08:00 AM
End: Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 06:00 PM

Disc Golf Cowboy

Birdie Member
Hello everyone,

It starting to get to be that time of year! The snow will start falling soon and its going to get cold unfortunatley! I have really been lovin this weather we will be having in november so far but we all know that's probably not going to stick around for too much longer! There is nothing we can do about mother nature so we mise well get outside and deal with it and have some fun doing something we all enjoy doing while helping a local charity while having fun enjoying the outdoors! 2010 is almost here and the ice bowls will begin in january. I wanted to get this out to give people plenty of notice!! I'm trying to make the 2010 K-town Ice bowl the biggest ice bowl we have had so far so please if u know anyone else that might be interested please foward this to them!! Meals on wheels(Commision On Aging) will be our chartiy again this year!

The 2010 K-Town Ice Bowl will be held on Sunday Jan 17th 2010 at Log Lake Park in Kalkaska during the Kalkaska Winterfest. Tee times hopefully sometime around noon.

There will also be a luncheon afterwards including Chili and maybe art can help us out again with getting some of those delicious hotdogs from pleva's meats again

Format:

Random Draw Doubles

Any player of any skill level can play in the ice bowl! Even if you have just picked up the game come out and have some fun and maybe you can learn a few things from people that have been doing this for along time!

Entry Fees include- 20 dollars or 30lbs of non perishable foods

Every player that registers will recieve a Ice Bowl disc and mini

There will be longest putt and Closest to the Pin prizes as always

We will also have a raffle on a portable disc golf basket

Prices for raffle will be 1 for a dollar or 6 for five

Bill fuller will be excluded from the raffle this year since he has won the basket 2 years in a row! Just kidding bill! LOL I don't exclude anyone from the raffle! This is a charity event so i encourage everyone to buy tickets! And its a chance to win a nice portable basket and then u can practice putting in you back yard anytime u have a chance!

There will be a 1st.2nd and 3rd place prizes as always and possibly more depending on how many people we get outthere!

1st place prizes will include 2010 ice bowl sweatshirts for you and your partner

2nd place prizes will include 2010 ice bowl long sleeve shirts for you and your partner

3rd place prizes will include 2010 ice bowl beanies for you and your partner

I think that is pretty much all of it! If anyone has any question please feel free to contact me by email or by phone. My number is 231-590-3149. I hope everyone that can make it will! So please if you don't have anything going come on out and have some fun throwing your discs while helping raise money for my local charity! It would be greatly apprecited to get some reponse as to how many people might show up for the ice bowl! I need an idea so i know how much merchandise to order! As i said i am trying to make this the biggest Ice bowl yet! I don't have alot of emails so please forward this to anyone you know that might be interested!!

I almost forgot to mention as always my sponsor in Midas of Kalkaska

Thank You Everyone,

Eric Lucyk

2010 K-Town Ice Bowl Coordinator and Tournament Director