• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

IL Disc Stores?

MDethCKR

Birdie Member
Is there anyplace that actually stocks and sells disks near Chicago, IL?
Obviously online is the way to go, but my g/f thinks she's picky about how they feel, and she hasn't felt many of the different makes.

Dick's...we'll there as their name implies. They have DX wraiths...and more wraiths.
Sports Authority (both of them) near me seem to be disbanding stocking, they each had 2 cheetahs and a viper.
And HotRags...wants 22 bucks for ESP discraft!

Anybody? Having a hard time locating hot pink champs in low weight (like 160-162)

I think your best bet is to find a 7-11 or gas station. I'm not sure where you live in the chicago area, but I know my area has places like that to find discs. Crystal Lake, Bartlett, Streamwood. Not sure if that helps, but good luck.

I'm Mokena area for clarification. I know of this one liquor store in new lenox, but they want 18 bucks for most champion plastic..
Already knew about play it again, not bad but theres no selection at the one by me. Gotta try Joliet soon.

Academy? - just looked it up, never heard of them :p
looked it up more - ^ theres none in IL :(

For anybody that plays at West Park. Is the Innova guy usually there on Sunday? I've seen him once (and there wasn't a tourney going on) but not since then.

Last edited:
I live in New Lenox and I usually get mine in New Lenox at the liquor store. Little high price, but if I need one asap I usually grab a Dx plastic though, don't have any other choice. I go to Indianapolis alot and grab some from the Magic Bus. Dicks has a few, but not many. Let me know if u find any. Oh and not sure of the Innova guy. Only seen him at West Park once also

Disc-FlyMart.com I think is located in IL....don't quote me on that..ill check after posting this but I know RedRocdiscgolfclub deals with them and they are in crown pointe IN (nvm they are located in merriville IN)

Check the local gas station around courses. They seem to have the best deals other than online. $16 for star, $14 for non tye dye champs, $11 for pro, $8 for dx. Same prices for the discraft equivlents which there arent many of at the gas stations. Also have seen a few gateways at the gas stations. Check Craigs List as well. For me the best way to find discs is to look for lost ones on the course if they have a number call it back (i have found 6 with numbers and everyone of them said keep them) if not its all of yours. That liquor store in New Lenox is pretty stocked but pricey found a KC pro Gazelle there.

Going to tourneys could be a good place too. Not necessarily playing in them (though I recommend it if you don't, they're a blast), but at tournaments in our area we have a local pro shop selling discs usually. (Proflight I believe) He has great prices and selections, as good as online, which rocks because there are only a couple stores in Des Moines that even carry discs, and none of them have a great selection besides an assload of Innova, let alone a good price on premium plastics. Once your GF finds what she likes you can then go ahead and order them online after that if you need to.

^Tried, they dont have a single 'real' shop dedicated/has real selection. (SportsAuth, PlayitAgain, Dick's, etc - all have no selection unless you want 15 DX Wraiths)

Thanks for the info everybody. Gonna check out IN - probably the Magic Bus and DiscFlyMart :)

I want a tourney to come around, but there none for another month or so that I can find :(

What's the name / where is the liquor store in New Lenox? Heading out that way tomorrow...

The name escapes me, but Cedar and Francis - on the NE side of the road theres a stripmall. It's in there :)

Thanks! Compared to the options I have near me, an overpriced liquor store doesn't sound too bad.

Sounds like you guys need to pool your money together and open a store. Sounds like you'd be able to make a living from it.

Go out to the tournaments in the area. We have some outstanding tournaments directors that would appreciate your business. If you are not playing in them, I recommend stopping by between 10am and Noon or 2pm and 3:30pm. This way everyone is out on the courses playing their rounds and you can easily ask more questions if you have them. These guys spend sometimes thousands of their dollars to have merchandise for everyone who comes out to the tourney. They deserved to be supported way more than a Citgo or a 7-11.

There is a tourney next weekend August 1st and 2nd at Jericho Lake in Aurora. He is also doing merchandise for the Roselle park district's tourney on Sunday, August 9th. It is great opportunity to fondle a couple thousands discs literally. He also has hats, shirts, towels, minis, fade gear bags, and some other miscellaneous stuff. He stocks Innova, Discraft, and Gateway. Some stock stamps and some special tourney stamped stuff. So if you are looking to pick up a few things definitely your best bet. Plus, I believe, he can take credit cards now out at the course through modern technology (not sure but I could find out if you need me too). I am starting to sound like his Public Relations person. But seriously, one of the best bangs for your buck. He has one if largest inventory I have seen at a tourney yet.

This is definitely my recommendation. There are a couple other guys too that I would suggest checking out as well. But theses are the tournaments that are coming up the soonest that I would suggest. If you need more info PM me.

If this does not work for you at all and you really need that store fix, here are the best 3 I know of.

Near Madison Meadows in Lombard. The 7-11 on Westmore/Meyers Rd in the same parking lot with the DMV south of Roosevelt Rd. Stocks about 50-100 discs. All Innova and Discraft.

Near Clark Park in Elk Grove Village. The Walgreens at Biesterfield Rd and Meachem Rd. There is a sidecap in season with about 50-100 discs crammed into it. Innova and Discraft mostly. They put alarm sensors on them and are not the easiest to remove, but they do come off.

Near Clark Park in Elk Grove Village. Superior Nuts directly across the street in the strip mall with Dunkin Donuts. He has boxes of discs for you to sift through. He also hooks you up with candy while you look. I have not been (because I support OUR TDs) but my friend told me about it and it's tempting. about 200 discs. Innova and Discraft mostly.

Near Clark Park in Elk Grove Village. The Walgreens at Biesterfield Rd and Meachem Rd. There is a sidecap in season with about 50-100 discs crammed into it. Innova and Discraft mostly. They put alarm sensors on them and are not the easiest to remove, but they do come off.

Near Clark Park in Elk Grove Village. Superior Nuts directly across the street in the strip mall with Dunkin Donuts. He has boxes of discs for you to sift through. He also hooks you up with candy while you look. I have not been (because I support OUR TDs) but my friend told me about it and it's tempting. about 200 discs. Innova and Discraft mostly.[/QUOTE]
like this guy said go to the candy shop he has tons of discs very nice and will gave u free candy

I order alot of mine online and get them shipped below the normal prices for star palstic from a few websites. Let me know if you want them.

As far as 'the innova guy' his name is David IIRC, hes a member of the Fox Valley Metro Disc Golf Club (as am I). He can be found out at Jericho Lake in Aurora, Eagle Ridge in Oswego, and West Park in Joliet. Hes a great guy to deal with and has AWESOME prices on discs...$14 for star plastics....

He takes CC's via his Iphone and its 100% legit. I dont carry cash and have bought many discs from him in the past. He also has some discraft and a couple of other randoms as well.

Latest posts