• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illinois

timj5304

Double Eagle Member
I know this belongs in another area but hardly anyone looks in the meets section. I will be in the Chicago area during the week of August 6th-8th or so at some point between Tuesday and Thursday for a road trip with my GF to Chi town. Are there any leagues going on there that have decent turnouts? Any courses that I can't miss?

The courses in Joliet are good and I heared lemon lakes are great courses. I can't speak on the leagues.

Chicago is a very big city. Depending on where in the city you'll be staying a "half hour" can mean a lot of different places. There are pretty much no courses IN the city with a few exceptions not worth visiting, so you'll be limited to the suburban areas. Some places you may reach within a half hours drive, most you will not. Again, large area to cover. So let us know where you plan on staying then we can help you narrow down courses/leagues in the area.

Tuesday night leagues at Adler Park in Libertyville get a good turnout, and Thursday night leagues at Summit Park also get a good group at a very unique course.

Yes and no. The OP is from the Twin Cities area. Their weeklies are similar to J-town where they are almost like mini tournaments with huge turnouts. To him a 25-30 person turnout may be small :)

Yes sir, I play the Bassett creek league here and our normal weekly turnout is 50ish but with that the ace pool builds fast, right now the ace pool is at 350ish so I am guessing about 70-80 this week with half playing open. I play a couple other leagues as well that are more in the 40 range.

Tuesday night leagues at Adler Park in Libertyville get a good turnout, and Thursday night leagues at Summit Park also get a good group at a very unique course.

I like the location of Libertyville right off 94 where we will be coming in from. Is that 2 rounds of 9? Do they have a few women that play for my lady to play against? She comes on occasion and we have 4-6 womens players

Generally it's all guys, and it is 2 rounds of 9 (some combination of the original concretes and two sets of alternates). It's a 3 pool league, so a lower pool player is paired with either an advanced or pro player. The only league around here that gets much of a female turnout that I know of is Jtown, not sure what night they play on but that's all the way down in Joliet.

Ok appreciate it alot guys, as of now the plan is for me to play my btier here on saturday and sunday, she is trying to get rid of her shift monday so we can go down right away but if not we will leave early Tuesday at like 7am. Probably get to the area at about 1 or 2. I wanna play at least a few courses around there, I just bought her a couple JK 5x (pretty) discs to get her approval haha!!!

Joliet is Wednesday night but a bit out of the way. They run their league very similar to the league in Twin Cities. They have a rotating course schedule, am/pro pools and they are known to fill with 70+ players. I would hit up Grey Fox in Silver Lake on your way down if you have the time.

25-30 per week for the last month at Adler. We played the red and blue tees last week, so this week should be 1 round on the concrete tees and 1 on the red/dirt tees.

I have no idea what the ace is at, but it has not been hit recently as far as I know.

Tee time is 6:00 pm. Try to get there by 5:45!

No women players recently, but there have been a few spectators. Anyone is certainly welcome to play! :thmbup:

Joliet is Wednesday night but a bit out of the way. They run their league very similar to the league in Twin Cities. They have a rotating course schedule, am/pro pools and they are known to fill with 70+ players. I would hit up Grey Fox in Silver Lake on your way down if you have the time.

Your thinking of the Sundog series which is actually dwindling numbers bad the past several weeks. One guys who runs it is great and one guy is grumpy as heck most of the time and alot of players are staying away because of that. There is a minnesota frisbee association website with a master callender of leagues and tourneys. We on average have 3-5 different leagues going on any given day. Thursday seems to have the most but still I would say overall league turnout is in the 125+ range everyday.

So your leagues are all one division then?

Yeah I will probably be at Adler on Tuesday then, even though it is a 9 hole and she wont wanna waste her time there!

Adler is a solid 9er, and the alternate tees mix things up quite a bit, enjoy!

If you drive through Rockford IL Anna Page park does have 2 18 hole courses that are both good courses. Not sure if you would be in the area wednesday evening but there is handicap league at 6 pm.