• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm buying more discs and want your input

I'm going to buy some more discs come the new year and I was hoping I could get some input on what I need to flesh out my game.

Current discs:

167g Star Wraith (Struggle to throw)
168g Star Valkyrie (Ok at throwing)
172g Champion Teebird (favorite)
171g Star Leopard
180g Kc Roc (favorite)
169g kc Roc
175g R-Pro Aviar
175g Kc Aviar

Discs I am considering:

175g Star Teebird
172g Pro Wraith
175g Champion Eagle
175g Star TL
175g Pro Rhyno

Please, tell me what you think I need and what I don't need. This communities input it valued highly.

some vitals would help brotha.. ie how long you been playing? how far you throw putter/mids/drivers.. throw Right or Left.. BH or FH..etc.

why mess with the wraith if it isn't working? stick with the valk for pure distance and use the champ TB for ~stable duties.

Of your list, the only thing I would add is the eagle...imho it compliments the tb by being a little more workable. For me the TB is good for straight and hyzer lines, and the eagle will bend but come back for your S lines.

As an additional suggestion, I'd say maybe add an overstable option like a firebird for headwind(depending on how stable your TB is) and flex shot duties.

What shots do you feel like you're missing that you're seeking additional discs to add?

With what you have here your bag should look like this

Putter
KC Pro Aviar - forget the rpro and the rhyno, KC is enough unless you really want something really understable. Then keep the RPro, but otherwise forget it.

Mid
KC Rocs - keep them and love them. If you are going to buy anything new buy a dx roc or two and make it your primary mid. Trust me.

Drivers
Star and Champ Teebird - buy the star, keep the champ, decide between which one you like more
Star Leo - keep it, love it
if you buy any driver go for the eagle, keep the valk if you want. Drop the wraith for a while and don't buy any.
If you listen to anything, listen to this. Don't buy a TL, I am guessing you are looking at innova's stability chart online, stop.

Try a River, you'll like it.:)

Also look at a Fuse for understable duties, an Eagle-X for you're overstable driving needs.

For sure get the rhyno and eagle. I think you should also check out the innova mako and cro. They are great mids which would really even out your bag.

i'd think an eagle x would overlap a bit with a champ tbird, it's not that far from my tl's.

I've been surprised lately at the versatility of the Leopard in different plastics and weights. If you haven't tried both champ and pro leopards, maybe branch out a little. Same with the teebird. DX and echostar teebirds are like different discs to me, at least after the Dx gets even a little beat.

Latest posts