• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Inconsistent and creative private course tee pads!!

sloppydisc

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Tell us about any creative or unusual tee pad designs at courses you have played. Especially private courses. We want to hear and see tee pads that are short, long, elevated, sunken or solve a tough problem. If you have something odd or brilliant let us all know.

The most unusual tee pad I've seen is hole D2 at Whitehall Township DGC. there is a double tee pad and a RHFH and RHBH line to the basket.
38687_l.jpg

Sandy Creek Park in Athens, GA has one set of pads. But there is one hole with two pads. Each is legal to play from and offers a different line, so it's a strategic decision. They did a good job with it too, because I've never played in a group where everyone threw from the same one.

Sandy Creek Park in Athens, GA has one set of pads. But there is one hole with two pads. Each is legal to play from and offers a different line, so it's a strategic decision. They did a good job with it too, because I've never played in a group where everyone threw from the same one.

Yessir!:thmbup:

At the annual temporary course at Hampton Park in Charleston, SC, the tee is in a huge gazebo, making it a fancy, covered teepad that's about 25' and round:
Hampton - Gazebo Reverse (2).jpg

Two of the tees at Rollin Ridge are concrete paver tees set into an elevated boardwalk in one of the lower areas of the course that can get mucky sometimes:

75e8195c.jpg

That is awesome. I'm on vacation so can't get any pics, but Castle Hayne and Maple Hill both have elevated decks with rubber mats to keep the pad off a low, swampy area. Basic, but good thinking.

Sugaree's new #1 is a platform coming out of a hillside, supported by two large columns to keep it level. Mandomdid not mess around with the footing or supporting beams. I think he could launch a rocket from that set up.

Blue Valley in KC had concrete pads shaped like each hole bending left or right if that's how the fairway curved.

Latest posts