• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indoor distance record

i remember a while back we had some discussions about distance records and how legit they are or arent and where they could hold it indoors and im not sure anybody brought this up .

anyway heres a link to the indoor distance record of 471ft ,which was in the then still in service aircraft carrier J.F.K and thrown by Dan Berman and some other dg records too http://www.wfdf.org/index.php?page=records/index.htm

Im guessing the hanger bay? That nonskid can be tough on the disc, alot worse then concrete

its supposed to be docked in south philly now , maybe some of you cheese steakers can go check it out and see if it could still be used so we kind find out what the pros really throw.

471 seems a lot more reasonable than 821.....I only have to add 100 to my best outdoor toss rather than more than double my best. I never threw indoors though......hmmmm. The mall, the airport, some hangar somewhere......don't even airport hangars have updrafts and wind like conditions?

Hangar bay could be used, especially if it was empty. The bootcamp in Great Lakes also had/has some amazingly huge hangar buildings, not sure the length...will have to fire up the google earth tonight and measure but I wouldn't be surprised if they were near aircraft carrier length.

Yeah I wouldn't mind giving that desert wind a try - I can throw as far as wiggy :)
The updraft and constant 40 mph wind in that place - along with no obstructions for miles, makes for a pretty unique airflow - something you just can't get on a ball field surrounded by trees. All you gotta do is pick the right direction to throw, and I'd venture that most anyone here would add 100-200 feet to their longest throw.

Yeah I wouldn't mind giving that desert wind a try - I can throw as far as wiggy :)
The updraft and constant 40 mph wind in that place - along with no obstructions for miles, makes for a pretty unique airflow - something you just can't get on a ball field surrounded by trees. All you gotta do is pick the right direction to throw, and I'd venture that most anyone here would add 100-200 feet to their longest throw.

Ha! Most everyone..... except me. 200'?? I think I'd need a freakin' hurricane at my back to accomplish that. Another thought....I think I'd pay(not much, but still) to see a 14 yr old throw 700'. I know I'd pay to see someone throw 821'. It's gotta be a sight to behold.

most aircraft carriers are about 1,081ft if i recall that right and i assume that there are hangers that length it would be wierd to throw inside.

most aircraft carriers are about 1,081ft if i recall that right and i assume that there are hangers that length it would be wierd to throw inside.

The hanger bays are alot shorter then the outside length

great records. I like this one:

Non-Human Distance:
Sea Lion: 9.76 m Alex (USA) 12/5/96 St. Louis Zoo, MO

Yes hangar bay is much smaller...using google earth and some memory it is 650ish.

While it would be awkward throwing indoors the hangar bay is several stories tall.

I threw in our hanger bay a couple times when the airwing wasnt there. Like i said it messes your plastic up pretty quick! Even putting. Hey bill you said you were a nuke....sub or carrier? Which one?

Oh man my buddy was on that boat but I think after 01...not sure. His name was Elizer Ocampo.