• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indy Courses

llfour

Heading to Indy in Wed. And will be staying next to the convention center. What are the two courses I must play that are close by? Would love to meet some locals....

Last edited:
Of the downtown couses, both Washington or Brookside are well established courses that many enjoy.
Hazel Landing is up in Carmel, and is waiting on locks for the baskets. Once it goes in, (might be this week) it may well be the most difficult course in the area.
Had you been in town on Sunday, the must-play in my opinion is Mohawk. But as a private course, it's only open on tourney or league days.
Fall Creek Baptist is tough, but no tee pads yet, and not all the tee signs have been hung. Not too far from downtown, though. Also, it's heavy woods with some nasty nettles on the back nine. Wear long pants for sure.
I hear good things about the Avon Town Hall course, but I haven't played it.
The Hill at Northview Church is very polished thanks to tbe cross country course that goes along it. Still, not all pads are poured yet, but at least the signs are all there.
Thursday night there's a random doubles game at Morse Beach, but it's a little nine holer, and far from a difficult course. Usually brings out a good sized group of locals. Pretty far out of downtown though.
I think there's a Wednesday singles league at either Washington or Brookside, not sure which.

Thanks for the great rundown. Hope to meet up with some locals and get a tour or two.

Played the Hill @ Northview today while passing thru town. The land was manicured very well but I thought the course design was weak.

Latest posts