• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I saw that post, these facebook auctions should have rules allowing you to call people on their BS shenanigans they use to sell

I saw that too and almost made a comment about that. I can't believe you got kicked out for that when it was clearly false advertising!

Thankfully I do not really care if it caused me the boot or not. The people on that page are absolutely nuts on the prices they are asking. I personally cant wait to get my hands on a gstar leopard. A buddy of mine ordered one, maybe he will let me check it out.

Received mine from the Factory Store yesterday. First impressions are that it feels like the same plastic as the rims on the Atlas. Will be throwing it shortly to see how it flies. I got a blue and green...both very sharp looking!

Received mine from the Factory Store yesterday. First impressions are that it feels like the same plastic as the rims on the Atlas. Will be throwing it shortly to see how it flies. I got a blue and green...both very sharp looking!

That is right where my mind went when they released these

So I got in trouble on facebook today. Someone was trying to advertise an Aviar that was clearly marked gummy star aviar and not Gstar as a Gstar Aviar. I let them know it was not Gstar and that they should not be using false advertising trying to rip people off. I am pretty sure that got me the boot from said page.

Hmm I wonder how I didn't get booted from the page then because I did the same thing.

I got two and chose to devote my blue disc to throwing- 175 scale weight, 175 marked. same shape as a new star leo. I took a few 175 leo's, newish dx 2nd run, well worn 175 champ pre-numbers, nearly new numbers pro leo, plus the star leo, which actually weighs 174 and was also new. The grass was damp from humidity when I got there.

I started out throwing standstill across the field at a basket about 250 feet away. Regular star disc I got a good rip and over threw by 30 or so feet. G-star was about the same, but a few feet farther. Others I messed up because they were wet.

Throwing back across, I made sure to dry all the discs off, and threw just to get distance (just trying to judge for any improved grip). I messed up my throw on all but the g star and the dx, just couldn't get everything super dry. The GS leo sailed. It is much more stable than the DX. Identical stability to my star I'd say and very glidey.

I also tried to scar up the g star a little bit. I did some hard flicks through the woods trying to hit ****, hit a chain link fence once, and I drove it into a basket 5 times from 5 feet away. No damage whatsoever. The star got a pretty good gouge from a drive into the basket. You can tell it was from hitting a really sharp edge somewhere. I tried to emulate this with the GS but I couldn't. Only thing I didn't try was slinging it across concrete or pavement as I imagine that would scuff it pretty good. I just don't like doing that to a grippy type disc.

On a side note, I am done throwing champ leo's. They just don't glide as much, and they don't hold a line as well on a true turn-over for me as the star discs (my pro and DX are for those immediate turnovers and rollers usually, utility type shots). The star types were much better for me, as long as my release was clean they will hold a line or flip up just a bit, and seem to get more air time no matter what. Knocking the TL's out too, back to leo/teebird/eagle x for fairways.

My main want for these was to have a good fairway that I could grip on in the cold as well as my XG valks. Unfortunately for this test, it was so warm out here yesterday that I was in shorts and flip flops all day and only switched to shoes to go throw. I threw it in the freezer for a bit this morning, until the champ disc in there felt like it would snap in two. G star disc still had grip. I have a star valk that is pretty gummy and it had as much grip as the g star, but both felt really good. The hard star stuff was rock hard. Loving it so far, and I can't wait to get my hands on teebirds. I think I will hoard those just to throw and faze out of my champ if they are anything like this.

so wait... are you guys saying nobody should advertise their star discs as being gummy unless they are GStar?

cuz Innova has been making softer and gummier blends of star discs for a while now they just weren't called anything special.

^^^Truth. I have this valk that is just as flexible, but it does have a different surface feel.

The thing is super flexible, very glidey and more stable than a DX. Hit a few trees over 60 holes today, and not a single scratch. Not sure how I feel about it being so soft quite yet, but it's super durable it seems. I'll probably keep throwing to see how it breaks in. Got super windy later this afternoon so was really hard to judge it in neutral conditions as the winds kicked up. I'm super curious about these in a Teebird or TL. Seems they would be incredible.

so wait... are you guys saying nobody should advertise their star discs as being gummy unless they are GStar?

cuz Innova has been making softer and gummier blends of star discs for a while now they just weren't called anything special.

They didnt say gummy in the post they said Gstar Avair

No, I think they're saying that people shouldn't advertise their gummy Star discs as Gstar unless they're actually Gstar.

Tossed my GStar on the course a couple of dozen times yesterday and one of the nice things that I noticed is how well it hyzer (semi) flips for how stable it flies when flown flat... very predictable HHS independent of release wing angle.

Haven't gotten any throws with mine yet.. And won't get anything good until I'm back in Florida.

To me it just feels like a softer star.. Doesn't feel any more grippy..just softer. I was hoping for grip like the prodigy plastic.

I'm really curious to see how the gstar teebirds feel and fly though.

Way more stable than a pro leo and more glide. I am trying to find someone with a decent camera to video tape the flight of one.

Took my 175g blue Gstar Leopard out the other day. Definitely nice and soft in the mid 30's weather I was in. Nice flat top (while still retaining a modest shoulder), no dome like some of the recent runs of champ and metal flake. At 300'-320' the HSS was similar to my worn candy pro champ leopard. It was understable out of the box, definitely more so than the new runs of champion and metal flake. More LSS than regular pro and my older champ candy pro. I felt like it sat right at the normal flight numbers that Innova gives the leopard (6,5,-2,1).

Still needs a wipe down when wet, but I did feel like it was a bit more tacky/grippy than just about any other premium plastic.

Good plastic? Yes. Exciting or revolutionary? No. On par with Discraft ESP FLX.

Latest posts