• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Protobag backpack

sloader4

I have read great reviews about the Innova protobag and how it compares to the Grip Ax-15 backpack. This backpack has been around since 2016 and i don't understand why innova hasn't tried advertising and selling this pack.

What are your guy's thought or experiences with the backpack? i'm currently in the market for a good bag and may end up giving this one a try because the price cannot be beat.

Thanks in advance!
:thmbup:

I have read great reviews about the Innova protobag and how it compares to the Grip Ax-15 backpack. This backpack has been around since 2016 and i don't understand why innova hasn't tried advertising and selling this pack.

What are your guy's thought or experiences with the backpack? i'm currently in the market for a good bag and may end up giving this one a try because the price cannot be beat.

Thanks in advance!
:thmbup:

A helpful hint a just below Champion level player from Wisconsin is playing with this bag he featured in his in the bag in 2016 or 2017 on YouTube I forget the name if somebody else can help.

Also saw another of the modern FiTactic bag on Amazon in 2019, having first seen them in 2017. Now those bags for even less at $100 are a direct copy of the the older Grip A-15 bag from before the bags changed from a single letter designation to adding an X to the end of most of the Grip bags. Plus the newer modern FiTactic they come with a rainfly at $100. The company FiTactic just waited til the older style of Grip AX-15 went out of style in 2010's before copying the bag.

Actually the modern FiTactic bag is a copy of the older style Grip EQ bag the old style that is not made anymore. Stay away from the Camo pink bag as those fail sooner in the Stitching then the black or the other oop models tan and camo tan.

I got one coming in the morning! I'm stoked to see how it compares to the grip. I prefer this putter pocket style.

I got one coming in the morning! I'm stoked to see how it compares to the grip. I prefer this putter pocket style.

Seems to me that Innova found a factory that will make the upgraded version of a Grip BX/BQ model for Innova from the way it looks and what people are saying of the backpack.

This is not like the Superhero 2 in the way the pack has taken a few design Ideas from other similar packs Namely Prodigy's top of the line pack BP-1 V3 when it first came out to add to the Superhero design to keep up with the modern packs that were $20-$30 more and thus adding these parts Like a much requested Rainfly and more sturdy backpack straps makes the Superehero 2 $40-$50 more depending on what model you got for a pack, H2O model will be $40-$45 more then the $110-$115 pack same for the Camo models and then $45-$50 more for the rest in single colors/plaid that sold for $102-$105.

Yeah I also notice that the drink holders and the metal clasps are just like Mcbeths 3x bag which was an ax15 I believe. seems like a pretty well built bag. I'm surprised Innova never marketed this bag as much as they do the superhero pack. Maybe it's the fear of backlash since it is a copy of the grip bags but yet they still sell it.

Last edited:
Yeah I also notice that the drink holders and the metal clasps are just like Mcbeths 3x bag which was an ax15 I believe. seems like a pretty well built bag. I'm surprised Innova never marketed this bag as much as they do the superhero pack. Maybe it's the fear of backlash since it is a copy of the grip bags but yet they still sell it.

It is a more then likely a Knockoff improvement of the ax15 made in the same factory or factory area as the Grip bags. The reason In my guess it is not marketed as well as the Hero, Superhero, and more expensive by $30-$45 Superhero II pack is The fact that Innova can only find sporadically the improved knock off bag over in China when the factory wants to make them. The reasons mentioned is why on the Innova Disc Golf Pro Shop Site they only have a limited number of the bag for sale when they get them in, as they might only be able to get set number so to make the bag numbers last as much as they can before they find the bags again, the Innova company sells the bag online in such small numbers at a time.