• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Shryke

Just got a few "Lisa Fajkus splatter Star" and "Team Champion Luster" Shryke

Anyone know how the fit in the stability of all Shrykes?

I found the Fajkus splatter Star Shrykes to be near the higher end of the stability spectrum. I don't have experience with the Champ Luster.

All of the double eagle shrykes from a couple years ago look like they should be really stable. The wing is very concave for a Shryke. I think I will take one off the wall and try it out.
Blue disc is a common star shryke, white is double eagle stamped.

Attachments

• 20191105_190257.jpg
    20191105_190257.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 86
All of the double eagle shrykes from a couple years ago look like they should be really stable. The wing is very concave for a Shryke. I think I will take one off the wall and try it out.
Blue disc is a common star shryke, white is double eagle stamped.

Maybe it's just how the light portrays them, but they look like different molds entirely... :popcorn:

Odd shape on that double Eagle wing. . looks more like a Destroyer wing than a Shryke one

Just started to stock up on Shrykes. .. my hope is that the Luster will be Stable. . Splatter Star quite straight and the Color Glow US.

Odd shape on that double Eagle wing. . looks more like a Destroyer wing than a Shryke one

Just started to stock up on Shrykes. .. my hope is that the Luster will be Stable. . Splatter Star quite straight and the Color Glow US.

The double eagle Shrykes at my local shop all looked the same, all 175.
Could be an Innova mix up or a strange batch of plastic.
I throw Shrykes but bought this one for the stamp.

The double eagle Shrykes at my local shop all looked the same, all 175.
Could be an Innova mix up or a strange batch of plastic.
I throw Shrykes but bought this one for the stamp.

Looking at my Shrykes, the Fajkus splatter Star have the most Concave wing

Stock Champion and Luster looks to have the same wing shape. . hope to get a Color glow in a day or two

The worst Shryke I own is a Karina Nowles glow champion. The thing is super flat and doesn't glide very well. Its also really understable with a hooky fade. Of all my Shrykes is probably the worst flying/shortest.

Shrykes need dome. The flatter they are, the worse they fly. I'd say the same thing about Terns.

I have some opaque color glow cfr destroyers that are really nice. Much less stable than a standard champion Destroyer. I could see a Shryke in that plastic being a real bomber.

The worst Shryke I own is a Karina Nowles glow champion. The thing is super flat and doesn't glide very well. Its also really understable with a hooky fade. Of all my Shrykes is probably the worst flying/shortest.

Shrykes need dome. The flatter they are, the worse they fly. I'd say the same thing about Terns.

Interesting. Ive just started messing with Terns. I dont like the one I bought tho and it's quite flat. Maybe thats the issue

Thanks for the warning, I was going to order one of those.
I have some champion Shrykes with a nice smooth dome. They are long and have good stability.

I have some champion Shrykes with a nice smooth dome. They are long and have good stability.

I hear that many hate them. . .and many love them as the "big bomber" Shryke

Sounded fun so i bought one. . Shryke test this weekend :)

I have a whole bunch of different Shrykes in all plastics. The Karina Nowles one is WAY flatter than all of them. I just don't like the way it flies. Something similar to a Freedom. Lots of high speed turn, poor glide, then a dumpy fade.

Terns and Shrykes are great discs, but you still find poor ones out there.

I have a whole bunch of different Shrykes in all plastics. The Karina Nowles one is WAY flatter than all of them. I just don't like the way it flies. Something similar to a Freedom. Lots of high speed turn, poor glide, then a dumpy fade.

Terns and Shrykes are great discs, but you still find poor ones out there.

Discs are odd. .i just got mine Karina Nowles Shryke. . .and it is the most Domey Shryke i have

Back from my first field test of my new stack of shrykes..

Thought the Eveliina Luster one would be the most OS, but no...but it gave me the best distance

The color glow flew the same line as the Luster but has less glide

Lisa Fajkus splatter Star was the best one..quite stable for my arm speed it basically flew straight with a nice fade at the end

After this my driver setup will be
Luster Shryke...splatter Star shryke...tour series Force...Nate Doss Ti Force

Tried a very lightweight Shryke today. 152g star. I was expecting a super flippy, long, glidey disc. That's pretty much exactly what I got. Thrown downwind the light Shryke was great. Big, high, looping S curve bombs. Thrown into a slight headwind it flipped like a paper plate. No surprise there.

The plastic itself is shoddy. When Innova makes really light star discs they seem to put air bubbles in them. This gives the disc an overall rough looking appearance.

I had to throw this Shryke with a lot of hyzer to keep it from burning right. It also seemed to work best if thrown very high. This allowed the disc to flex out all over the place with a lot of side to side movement. Top distance was about 410' downwind. It would have been more, but I was throwing on a cold day and the ground was muddy. I was having some grip issues.

Overall, this disc is fairly useless for me on a course. Its too flippy and not the least bit controllable. Distance is there. I'd be interested to try this disc on a warmer day in calmer conditions. The distance with a Shryke that lightweight is fairly effortless.

This Shryke would be perfect for noodle arms looking for some real easy distance. Again, it sure as hell shouldn't be used on any hole where accuracy is a concern.

Picked up a 8/10 max weight proto gstar shryke from the used bin today and am curious what the consensus is on these. A storm is rolling in to OKC as we speak so I won't be able to do any testing for a few days so I figured I'd ask the audience. Thoughts?

Picked up a 8/10 max weight proto gstar shryke from the used bin today and am curious what the consensus is on these. A storm is rolling in to OKC as we speak so I won't be able to do any testing for a few days so I figured I'd ask the audience. Thoughts?

Flippy, but super long. Don't throw it into a headwind. G* Shrykes are really fun, but not always the most consistent. They take a little while to learn.

Be patient with that disc and practice with it. You'll probably end up liking it, and it might become your longest driver.

Tried a very lightweight Shryke today. 152g star.

Overall, this disc is fairly useless for me on a course. Its too flippy and not the least bit controllable. Distance is there. I'd be interested to try this disc on a warmer day in calmer conditions. The distance with a Shryke that lightweight is fairly effortless.

This Shryke would be perfect for noodle arms looking for some real easy distance. Again, it sure as hell shouldn't be used on any hole where accuracy is a concern.

Yep, send it to me. I will make a good home for it, and it will get plenty of use as I throw it on my home course. Lightweight Shrykes = darn good drivers. :thmbup:

Latest posts