• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Innova to Discraft matchup

wproct

Eagle Member
As a relatively new thrower, In order to simplify things I am now playing about 95% of my game with just two discs, a Star Teebird 162g and a Kc-Pro Aviar 175g. This seems to be working pretty well for me but I'm curious. If I wanted to duplicate these two discs as closely as possibly with discs from the Discraft line, what discs should I be looking at? Thanks for any information.

I know at this time I shouldn't be switching to other discs, but I just really like the Discraft company.

This may be in the wrong forum.

I throw discraft, but I am not too familiar with a teebird. You can probably throw a stalker (goes straight) or a tracker (slightly overstable) to replace to teebird. You can throw a banger gt or a challenger to replace the aviar.

Thanks guys. Yes, I noticed that I placed this thread in the wrong forum and I'm trying to ask an administrator to move it for me. I need to pay better attention to what I am doing. Sorry:eek:

Hey, thanks for the immediate replies!:| I will check the chart out.

Challenger or Focus for the Aviar.

There is no Discraft Teebird. I can't speak for the Tracker, but the Stalker.. It's not a Teebird, but it's a solid, workable fairway driver. My CryZtal Stalker is more overstable, and my Zs are straight with a late fade and make for easy 300-310 lasers.

If you're out there two-discing, you could do a LOT worse than Challenger, Stalker!

A heavy Z Stalker will be close to your lighter weight Teebird. I recommend the Z-Glo Stalkers because they're always flatter in my experience. Discraft doesn't have a KC type plastic in regular production. It's a big flaw of the company. They are making CT (Crazy Tough) Challengers right now as fundraisers. You may be able to find one on ebay.

Sidenote, I don't recommend being all in on one company. Find what you like. Be loyal when your sponsored.

I'd recommend a 170+ Z XL as the rough equivalent of the Teebird or the Avenger in a lighter weight if you are ready for something a little faster than the Teebird.

an XS is going to be like a slightly straighter Teebird, especially if you went to a higher weight XS compared to the 162 TB...

There is no Discraft Teebird, the Avenger is closest but is faster and fades more(it's kind of Orc Like) nothing in their line that is a real Teebird. Closest disc out there is the Westside Stag and even that's more like a TL. Which I actually prefer.

Magnet for Aviar and Tracker for Teebird. I just made the switch from trackers back to teebirds after 8 years. Challenger is too OS to be like an Aviar...Magnet is my thought for a match. I've had the same 4 chain Magnet for 9 years...money still after all these years and new molds (although i've switched to Judges, but have yet to break one in like the Magnet that would bump it out).

I throw XL's also...and they are NOT a teebird. XL's are the Innova Leopard. Teebird=Tracker, Aviar=Magnet, Leopard=XL, Rhino=Challenger (except glide). Of course these are my opinion but i've thrown all and thats my experience.

And the Buzz is only similar to the less stable Roc's, i've been working with a Roc3 to fill the slot between my Ti Buzz and Drone. Oh, and Gator=Drone, Roc=Wasp/Buzz OS

Latest posts