• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interview with Memorial Champions Paige Pierce and Will Schusterick

Chainchaser

Double Eagle Member
When: March 7th
Time: 9:30 PM EST
Where: Disc Golf talk Radio Live

Sorry for the short notice!!

We will discuss the big wins over the past weekend and also what their plans are for the year. If you have any questions about their Memorial performance or future plans please post them here.

Ask Will what his bag consisted of during the memorial. Would also like to know what weights he is throwing in his D1 and D4 drivers. Look forward to the interviews, they are always great to listen to.

Is there somewhat of a chip on his shoulder this year? Was it gossip and online Prodigy bashing that led to this? It seems like Team Prodigy was very vocal about the Memorial Victory, much more so than when he was with Innova. Ps: Good luck this year.

yeah def ask if he thinks the tourney director was cool about it cuz how long do you get until the strokes are applied. seemed like he would have just done it with a friendly reminder.

did he not tally his score card just so he could go to a playoff hole with paul just to prove he is better?

No need for a playoff to decide that. That goes to Paul right now hands down. Will is good no doubt but Paul is a world champ and now holds the highest rated round. I'd say until Will does both or either of those things Paul can claim he's better. :)

No need for a playoff to decide that. That goes to Paul right now hands down. Will is good no doubt but Paul is a world champ and now holds the highest rated round. I'd say until Will does both or either of those things Paul can claim he's better. :)

Will is currently the highest rated golfer in the world. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to listening in. Thanks so much for doing such a great job broadcasting your show!

I'd be interested in knowing what their favorite style of courses are to play. Which style they believe they have a competitive advantage on?

It seems Paige and Will both have a distance advantage over many, and so maybe they will say lengthy courses, but with Will learning the game in TN, he might like elevation and wooded as well.

But Will has won his biggest titles (USDGC + Memorial) on long open courses that require you to land your disc well. (in-bounds)

Will is currently the highest rated golfer in the world. :rolleyes:

He also made more money in 2012 than McBeth with roughly the same amount of events (37 for Will, 36 for McBeth), $3,276 more to be exact. Which would be equal to about a first place NT event.

I'm not arguing for Will being better. I think my defense comes at the use of "hands down" a better player. It's definitely closer than Steeze thinks.

He needs to work on his woods game. At least in the videos I've seen where he's playing heavily wooded courses, he hits a lot of trees.
No way. Hitting trees...in the woods....
You guys are talking like those two are the end all be all. Nikko, and Feldberg might have something to say about that.
Ftfy

Theyre both really good (x1,000,000), they both are very solid all around golfers, each with strongsuits and weaknesses. Dont forget, Will is no slouch in the woods, he may not have won Charlotte, but he did ok....
This will be a good battle to watch for years to come imo

You guys are talking like those two are the end all be all. Nikko, Doss, Feldberg, and McCabe might have something to say about that.

4 or 5 years ago there was talk of Will, McBeth, Orum and Barsby as the future of the sport and this is definately true now. This may have been before Wysocki was playing and he may be better than all of them eventually.

Doss and McCabe...I don't think so. You can lump Jenkins in with those two as well.

Nikko, Feldberg, and Wysocki will surely be on many top cards with Will and Paul.

Major thread drift and sorry to contribute but Jenkins isnt on the same planet as doss. I do agree about will, Paul, and Ricky as the top three.