• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Invader

I thought this was some dynamic discs name aswell. Please dont use names similar to dynamic discs, they blow, especially the Suspect.

Yes, at least not another stab at the Zone Clone. People working at Innova seem to be not working on a Zone clone since Paul McBeth left Innova, makes me think it was manly Paul who wanted a Zone like disc.

Paul is manly.

Paul is manly.

Mainly was what I meant. Not to say Paul got soft in his team switch, if anything Paul got better on his team switch, He has said in written and video interviews that looking back during his switch during the middle of the season he kind of got in a rut with Innova doing the same stuff.

If they made the disc in other baseline/easy to wear in plastics, DX, R-pro, this disc would fly off the shelves beating out the Bullfrog for a low profile neutral putting putter. It is close to a Lighting Upshot #2 so if one wants a close disc for putting

I hope this disc doesn't end up a limited release the way the Mirage putter was for the longest time in the only plastic it came in, Star Shimmer.

Last edited:
Th Invader is the exact clone of the U-2 or #2 upshot by Lighting 100%..

Several of the dimensions disagree with you. Are you sure this is a 100% clone?

#2 Upshot Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.4 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.5 cm
Rim Width: 0.9 cm

Innova Invader
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.9cm
Rim Depth: 1.5cm
Rim Thickness: 1.0cm

Well it was approved 3 days ago so of course Casey would know.

I'm sure that's what they were going for at Innova, a #2 Upshot clone. Give the people what they want I guess lol.

The specs seem pretty close, certainly not 100% the same, though. I want to see the #2 Upshot profile. Casey, can you get us a pic of the #2 Upshot profile? It will be interesting to see how similar they look.

The specs seem pretty close, certainly not 100% the same, though. I want to see the #2 Upshot profile. Casey, can you get us a pic of the #2 Upshot profile? It will be interesting to see how similar they look.

It's the only Lightning disc I have but I do happen to have a #2 Upshot lol

Considering he's claimed they are 100% the same...any less than exactly 100% the Invader and Casey is once again full of it.

#2 upshot which the invader is very unlikely to look like.

Attachments

• 4CAE22ED-C4FC-446E-8D26-EC3D9B2C89C9.jpg
    4CAE22ED-C4FC-446E-8D26-EC3D9B2C89C9.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 116
And if I remember correctly, the upshot is considerably larger diameter than a Polecat. Is the Invader larger than the Polecat, according to specs?

Looks a bit bigger? But the #2 upshot is a bit more like a challenger.

The red disc is a polecat. So I would imagine the invader is a bit bigger?

Attachments

• 53BE16FC-7231-476A-AD6C-FBA45527E6A2.jpg
    53BE16FC-7231-476A-AD6C-FBA45527E6A2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 95
I looked it up.

Invader: 21.2
Polecat: 21.3
Upshot #2: 21.4

Yeah, the Invader is not an upshot.

Profile isn't super different, but the smaller diameter and higher shoulder should make it less glidy and more stable.

#2 upshot which the invader is very unlikely to look like.

Thanks, Moose. Unless Casey can post another pic, these don't look that similar to me, and definitely not 100% based just on the profile, not even counting the specs.

The #2 looks a bit domey while the pic of the Invader looks super flat. Plus the (don't know the correct term) "upper nose" on the #2 appears to be sloped up to the top where the Invader looks to be totally blunt on that "upper nose" section.

I think that "vaguely similar" might have been a better way to describe them vs. jumping to conclusions.

Thanks, Moose. Unless Casey can post another pic, these don't look that similar to me, and definitely not 100% based just on the profile, not even counting the specs.

The #2 looks a bit domey while the pic of the Invader looks super flat. Plus the (don't know the correct term) "upper nose" on the #2 appears to be sloped up to the top where the Invader looks to be totally blunt on that "upper nose" section.

I think that "vaguely similar" might have been a better way to describe them vs. jumping to conclusions.

Yeah that top shoulder is a lot more sloping, almost like a Challenger. Which would make the new invader more stable.

Several of the dimensions disagree with you. Are you sure this is a 100% clone?

#2 Upshot Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.4 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.5 cm
Rim Width: 0.9 cm

Innova Invader
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.9cm
Rim Depth: 1.5cm
Rim Thickness: 1.0cm

Well as close as one can get to 100% without being 100%.