• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is brand loyalty stupid?

What do you think about brand loyalty

• I like it and will only use discs from one company

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • I think it's stupid and will use whatever disc I want

Votes: 207 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Welcome to Chhity Sushi, can I take a order prrrease."

damn mongorians!!

mongolians-o.gif

Brand loyalty is stupid because you miss out on some wonderful discs from other manufacturers. Every golfer who has hit a tree or carded an ace will tell you that this is a sport of inches. Small differences in discs add or subtract those inches in flight that will definitely make a difference in your score. No manufacturer has the perfect line up.

Conversely, plastic loyalty is a perfectly legitimate obsession to have. Throwing mostly one plastic is smart. Grip is one of the most key aspects of this sport. Being consistent eliminates one variable in your throw. If it so happens that the plastic you prefer is only offered by one manufacturer, then so be it.

Brand loyalty is stupid because you miss out on some wonderful discs from other manufacturers. Every golfer who has hit a tree or carded an ace will tell you that this is a sport of inches. Small differences in discs add or subtract those inches in flight that will definitely make a difference in your score. No manufacturer has the perfect line up.

Conversely, plastic loyalty is a perfectly legitimate obsession to have. Throwing mostly one plastic is smart. Grip is one of the most key aspects of this sport. Being consistent eliminates one variable in your throw. If it so happens that the plastic you prefer is only offered by one manufacturer, then so be it.

now you are getting into a whole archer vs arrow debate.

Brand loyalty is stupid because you miss out on some wonderful discs from other manufacturers. Every golfer who has hit a tree or carded an ace will tell you that this is a sport of inches.

It may be a sport of inches but why, with the exact same disc, do I hit a tree one time and not another off the same t-pad?

It is a game of inches, but for almost all of us the inconsistency in our form changes our shots by a lot more inches than the difference between say a wizard and an aviar.

I support Innova because they produce in my home state and there's not too many things I buy that are made in the U.S.A. and California.

The more taxes they pay, the less I pay... in theory anyway.