• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is it possible to beat in a DX TeeBird in one throw...

a bic lighter will fix that right up. dx is awesome

PSP beat me to it. Yep, bic lighter ... work slowly moving the flame across the damaged area. Don't allow the plastic to turn dark, and don't allow it to catch fire. Use fingers to gently reshape the plastic. With practice you can rebuild some pretty heavy damage to barely detectable. Learn to pamper, re-vitalize, and extend the life of those DX money discs!

DX is awesome for certain molds.

PSP beat me to it. Yep, bic lighter ... work slowly moving the flame across the damaged area. Don't allow the plastic to turn dark, and don't allow it to catch fire. Use fingers to gently reshape the plastic. With practice you can rebuild some pretty heavy damage to barely detectable. Learn to pamper, re-vitalize, and extend the life of those DX money discs!

DX is awesome for certain molds.

If you're going to do the lighter trick to fix discs. Put a piece or two of duct tape across the pad of your thumb, so you won't burn yourself with the melted plastic.

I avoid buying drivers in DX plastic. DX is fine for putters, and I love a good DX Roc, but I buy Rocs intending to beat them in.

FYI side note on burning or sanding discs: if the intentional modification is noticeable as such, and the TD or someone on your card notices, you won't be able to use it in a PDGA sanctioned tournament.

By the way, I agree with tripp: the disc may have been understable before it hit the tree, but you'll never know. :)

I avoid buying drivers in DX plastic. DX is fine for putters, and I love a good DX Roc, but I buy Rocs intending to beat them in.

FYI side note on burning or sanding discs: if the intentional modification is noticeable as such, and the TD or someone on your card notices, you won't be able to use it in a PDGA sanctioned tournament.

By the way, I agree with tripp: the disc may have been understable before it hit the tree, but you'll never know. :)

Light sanding is permitted under PDGA rules. I don't think burning is.

Light sanding is permitted under PDGA rules. I don't think burning is.

Burning is not allowed, but if you don't play PDGA tournaments but want to fix your disc's stability... why wouldn't you? Same thing with flat-topping, unless you're a serious tournament goer you shouldn't worry about PDGA rules.

videopic.png

There's no way an itty bitty ding like that will turn an overstable disc like a new t-bird into a flip roller. Now, if you tacod it too, that might do it. But don't blame the one ding. You should be able to see the warp and tune the disc with your hands to flatten it out. Pros do it on the tee all the time. You can shape the disc in your hands to make sure it behaves the way you want for a throw. And the PDGA has said that it is legal to do that.