• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is your Panther domey?

gerth_vader

Birdie Member
I don't care much for my orange Panther because it's too domey. Got my girl a pink one, it's much flatter and feels amazing. So is your Panther flatter or domey? Really want to start throwing these but if it's a pain to find flat ones :thmbdown:

I have one that looks like the pink one.

Just flatten the orange one and call it a day.

Pour boiling water in it, let the disc/plastic heat through, dump it while still hot and refill it immediately and place a casserole dish with water in it on top and leave it over night.

It looks like your stuck with the dome level on that one. In the picture you can see the wing height on the orange is much lower, which is pretty typical of discs that molded up with more dome. Dome is great though! It may not feel quite a nice to you, but it will probably fly more to your liking which is truly valuable.

The 2 Panthers I had were identical lime green champs, they were domey and very stiff plastic. I didn't like them and they didn't last long in my bag.

Poured boiling water in it and put 6 pots n pans on top and that's as flat as it got. Maybe do it again?

Just put the disc over a pot of boiling water, make sure the flight plate expands and gets real hot, take it off and press it upside down of course on the flat counter just using your hands (with oven mitts on or gloves), keep pressing down on it till it cools. It's faster and works better this method. Flatten time, 3 minutes.

I have 2 in champion plastic, one is 165gr and the other is 175gr and Im sure would be considered poptops with dome. Both have nice slow turns with alot of glide.

Every panther I have ever thrown has been quite domey. You just have to give your self time to get used to it. Personally I use the panther as a short control roller for get out of trouble shot. But you can use them for easy hyzerflips and just beautifully slow turning shots in general. If you want something that you can use on a similar line as the panther but is flat and easier to find on almost any self in disc golf shops across America, you should give the Mako3 a try. Not quite as flippy as a panther to start off but you can beat them into flippy pretty quick being that they start off pretty neutral in my experience. And they'll hold the angle of release. I honestly suggest you just try and get used to the dome on the panther though cause it is really an awesome disc that has served me well and saved some strokes.

yup, only those old ones are flat, I'm glad I have a few of them.

Latest posts