• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

Broken Shoulder;2524859 My pink is in the bag said:
That's funny. I care a pink in my bag and my back up is orange. I feel the same as you that I don't ever want to have to use my replacement.

I have/use a pink double stamp misprint.
I don't have back up!!!
Let's stop all this back up talk right now.

I carry 1 opto, 1 zero hard and a TM2. covers all approach shots. I still putt with wizards.

Duuuuuude, I think I just went six to midnight at my desk.
My pink is in the bag, and I'd be lying if I told you I'd be okay with replacing it with the orange backup I have.
I need to find more pink ones.

I know the feeling. I have blue, yellow, and purple backups too for water holes. The pinkies are just too precious.

I have actually have a few more than are in that picture. I also kind of went overboard with the pink TM2s for wet weather too...

34373b6f-1d3c-4848-8cf4-0e1282b77a79_zps58a38630.jpg

This is where the other picture came from. Optos on the left, TM2s on the right.

I throw the Decodye GL as my driving putter and love it. It is lazer straight no matter what power I put on it. I'm also intrigued by the Opto and recycled so how do they compare?

Also, what is this TM2? Some old plastic a la grip line?

Did a bit more reading on the DGC and found out that apparently the RGL and Opto are a bit more stable than the GL. So I think I'll have to give Opto a go.

I also found out that the TM2 (test material 2?) is same as the now oop EZE.

From what I've read (haven't thrown my GLs), Opto and GL are very close, stability-wise. RGL on the other hand is beefier.

TM2 is a very waxy plastic that becomes amazing once that feeling wears off.

I love my Opto Pures. The good and bad thing is my original Opto is 2 years old and still in the bag! Can't lose it, can't beat it into needing replacement! My backups sit in a box waiting for the day to finally get thrown; and at this rate they never will.

I did trade for a really well used Opto (stamp worn off, probably 4 years old) that is slightly flippy. But it takes major wear and tear to transition a Opto from silky smooth stable into having significant turn.

I love my Opto Pures. The good and bad thing is my original Opto is 2 years old and still in the bag! Can't lose it, can't beat it into needing replacement! My backups sit in a box waiting for the day to finally get thrown; and at this rate they never will.

Same thing I'm experiencing with my pinkie. It's about the same age, and I can't get turn out of it despite at least 100 rounds at the gravel pit that is Winton Woods. It gets thrown off the tee on 16 of those tees too. I'll be throwing bubblegums for the rest of my life!!

Same thing I'm experiencing with my pinkie. It's about the same age, and I can't get turn out of it despite at least 100 rounds at the gravel pit that is Winton Woods. It gets thrown off the tee on 16 of those tees too. I'll be throwing bubblegums for the rest of my life!!

My point exactly! lol I have a friend with 2 beloved bubblegums and has been throwing one sense relase.. YEARS and actually wondernutted his back up. But when I asked why doesnt he put it in the bag he replied why? The thing still has flashing on it! Same flight as day one, lovely disc...

..Soo... Whats with all the hoarding Tbird ;) help a brother out :D

..Soo... Whats with all the hoarding Tbird ;) help a brother out :D

We haven't met. Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm a hoarder. It may (or may not depending on who you ask) be a problem but opening a Trotterbox and seeing purty pink Pures is a pretty sight. ;)

We haven't met. Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm a hoarder. It may (or may not depending on who you ask) be a problem but opening a Trotterbox and seeing purty pink Pures is a pretty sight. ;)

just rubbing it in
Thats ok..
I get it I get it, you like to push people over when they bend over to tie there shoes ;)

So a couple weeks ago i was putting together an tourney custom stamp order for an event in september and I had it narrowed down to Discraft or DD and was leaning Discraft. Then the very next day, i checked the order forms again and DD had added Opto Pures as an option for hot stamps. Kaaackow!!! I can't wait till they arrive. I may keep all 20 to myself.

Can't say anything about the Pure, but TM2 plastic is some of the best feeling stuff out there.