• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Juggernaut

mboss302

JomezPro had the Flight numbers at 10 5 -1 2 but the way everyone way talking about it it sounded more like the Discraft Venom 13 5 0 3.

Pretty sure Garret Gurthie threw it on a skins match and it looked super OS. 12 speed firebird perhaps?

Thats what they are saying. and the PDGA specs support 12/13 speed rim. Wonder if infinite got mixed up with another mold. Good thing though, Juggernaut fits a beefcake better. And if innova makes a new -1 2 speed 10, they may as well call it the Ogre and replace the orc. They are good at killing classic underrated molds.

So basically an Ape/Xcal/Invictus?

You forgot Max, TeeRex, Starfire, and I guess Power Disc/Phantom Sword, Power Disc 2/Elixir.

I would guess this is a retooled PD2, especially taking a look at the specs. I really like the PD2/Elixir for wind fighting distance. This should be a really good disc.

Also - Calvin and Zach need their own show. Putting them both together is like having two smart ass Calvins, both turned up to 11. They made watching boring ass LV courses way more entertaining.

If big arms are calling it a speed 12 firebird I am betting its more like a Max. Xcal, PD2 ect are all more OS teebird type flights, or have some HSS. Definitely not saying they don't have a lot in that slot, especially for the vast majority that don't see much difference between those.

It would be a very innova type move to rebrand the pd2 again without changing it. The reception of the Dark Rebel and other obvious rebranded discmania hasn't gone well.
The stability of PD2s ranged a ton, 2nd runs were impossible for me to throw over 325', while standard C and S lines were my go to max D discs for a while pre injury.
PD2 was an Xcal wing with the discmania anhyzer top. The intent was a touch less HSS of the Xcal but same HSS.
FWIW the PD is a firebird wing with the anhyzer top.

It would be a very innova type move to rebrand the pd2 again without changing it. The reception of the Dark Rebel and other obvious rebranded discmania hasn't gone well.
The stability of PD2s ranged a ton, 2nd runs were impossible for me to throw over 325', while standard C and S lines were my go to max D discs for a while pre injury.
PD2 was an Xcal wing with the discmania anhyzer top. The intent was a touch less HSS of the Xcal but same HSS.

Doesn't look like anhyzer top in the second picture for the PDGA approval. PD2/Power Disc2, Destroyer, Scorpius, Emperor, TeeDevil, and XCal all have shared the same lower rim/core mold pieces as evidenced by the tooling/etched off patent numbers.

Maybe some of the pros asked for a very OS flat 12 speed that had a bit more availability/replaceability?

Doesn't look like anhyzer top in the second picture for the PDGA approval. PD2/Power Disc2, Destroyer, Scorpius, Emperor, TeeDevil, and XCal all have shared the same lower rim/core mold pieces as evidenced by the tooling/etched off patent numbers.

Maybe some of the pros asked for a very OS flat 12 speed that had a bit more availability/replaceability?

oh were the 2021 heimburg destroyers not os enough for all winds?

Man, is there a resource somewhere that shows the top/bottom combos for all the Innova, millennium, infinite, Discmania, etc discs out there? Someone just sent me the one for Millennium and I'm craving all of it now. I live for this ****.

As someone who sometimes bags several ridiculously overstable discs (Deflector, Flare, Ape) I don't really get this disc. Was there really such a need for something between an Ape and a Max? Couldn't they just have run XCals in Halo or Metal Flake?

Making tons of putters and mids that fill kinda the same flight makes much more sense to me because there's more to experiment with there in terms of feel and flight nuances, but massively beefy drivers don't change that much.

The other day I was playing disc golf in tornado that was inside a hurricane and I wished I had a disc that flew 12-3-1-5. So close innova...so close.

Throwing the juggernaut would hurt my self esteem.

Man, is there a resource somewhere that shows the top/bottom combos for all the Innova, millennium, infinite, Discmania, etc discs out there? Someone just sent me the one for Millennium and I'm craving all of it now. I live for this ****.

I have never seen one compiled in one place. Earlier in the discmania thread there was a post with a lot of them.

I would love to see it all in one place. As well as speculation about the ones form brands that aren't as transparent.

I would also love to see one for Gateway manufactured discs.

As someone who sometimes bags several ridiculously overstable discs (Deflector, Flare, Ape) I don't really get this disc. Was there really such a need for something between an Ape and a Max? Couldn't they just have run XCals in Halo or Metal Flake?

They did a fundraiser run of halo XCals but not many have been released or had people review them. I wonder if that mold has lost some of its overstability like the Destroyer has these past couple years in Star plastic at least.

Interesting that this halo run has the Factory Store on the stamp, usually that means it won't be available elsewhere as a stock run. Curious if we'll see any tour series/CFR or regular stock Star/Champion runs in the future.

I have never seen one compiled in one place. Earlier in the discmania thread there was a post with a lot of them.

I would love to see it all in one place. As well as speculation about the ones form brands that aren't as transparent.

I would also love to see one for Gateway manufactured discs.

Gonna make it a mission to compile what I can. I know I have enough to get started. I'll start a thread and crowdsource the rest!

Latest posts