• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KEEN Delaveaga discontinued

I personally know more than 15 people who have bought these. So just cause you don't like them doesn't mean people don't.

They were the ONLY pair of shoes directly marketed to Disc Golfers. Other shoes work great for disc golf as well, but they were marketed directly at disc golfers. That's huge. Seems some people had issues with them, but i've known people with issues with every brand mentioned. I'm giving salomons a shot myself here, was going to get dela's, but if they are discontinued, i don't want to mess with that if i have any issues.

I don't remember the model I had, but I loved the pair of Salomans I had...for the three months before the sole shredded itself by my toe. I sent them an email with pics about it, and I never got a response. I was honest and mentioned I wore them for disc golf. Maybe that is what caused them to not respond. :(

I won't buy another pair. Their lacing system is pretty awesome though.

I don't remember the model I had, but I loved the pair of Salomans I had...for the three months before the sole shredded itself by my toe. I sent them an email with pics about it, and I never got a response. I was honest and mentioned I wore them for disc golf. Maybe that is what caused them to not respond. :(

I'm being a homer and trying the pair McBeth uses. I figure, there is NO WAY i play as much as him, so if they last for him, hopefully they'll last for me. I play in skate shoes on most courses with concrete pads, and dry. So they'll be part time wearers to hopefully last longer.

I've been finding that some types of shoes are certainly better than others for disc golf. I've got a pair of shoes meant for minimalist trail running whose outsoles have really started coming unglued from the rest of the shoe. I think it's because of torsion during a throw.

I'm being a homer and trying the pair McBeth uses. I figure, there is NO WAY i play as much as him, so if they last for him, hopefully they'll last for me. I play in skate shoes on most courses with concrete pads, and dry. So they'll be part time wearers to hopefully last longer.

You should be very happy with them, and hopefully you have a better experience with them than I did. They were extremely comfortable. Chances are you'll wind up wearing them a lot more than you think because of that. :thmbup:

I think Keen did the right thing trying to make a shoe designed with disc golf in mind by trying to reinforce areas that typically fail on their other shoes. The thing is though, as soon as anything goes wrong with them all of us are filing warranty claims and getting replacements sent out. I would imagine they are either going to put out another model like how the de la replaced the milo (which I think is unlikely) or they are seeing the shoe isn't profitable for them and would rather get rid of a model with a very high warranty fail rate for them. Not necessarily that they are bad shoes, but when you advertise it as a DG friendly shoe you are catering to the DG crowd, which is about the worst physical activity possible for a pair of shoes.

If you're down with paying $120 consistently for DG shoes just start buying whatever you want from REI and take it back to them when they fall apart. I like my de las a lot but that model has to be putting the hurt on Keen.

I've been finding that some types of shoes are certainly better than others for disc golf. I've got a pair of shoes meant for minimalist trail running whose outsoles have really started coming unglued from the rest of the shoe. I think it's because of torsion during a throw.

I'm rough on shoes anyway, and disc golf makes it that much worse. I generally accept that anything I buy will fall apart within a year. I just have never had a pair of shoes fall apart so fast (first letter I've ever written to a shoe manufacturer), especially a pair that was close to $150. It was a legitimate complaint in my opinion, and I got no reply.

If you're down with paying $120 consistently for DG shoes just start buying whatever you want from REI and take it back to them when they fall apart. I like my de las a lot but that model has to be putting the hurt on Keen.

Plus you get 10% back when buying non-sale items from REI every year. :thmbup:

I have been a member there since 1995-1996 and get the majority of my hiking, camping, outdoor and disc golfing gear there. Bought my Merrell Moabs there about 4 years ago and finally wore thru those. Had to pick up a new pair of Merrell's for this season, opted for the Chameleons!

Merrell + Gortex + Vibram = WIN! :hfive:

...and maybe 15 people are devastated.

I'm one of them. Not devastated but sad as De La is where it all began for me and to buy a DG shoe that was named after the course was awesome! They have been durable and comfortable but for some reason others have had a hard time with them. Maybe it's their form...;)

36505532.jpg

Hello? Keen?

So a few pair of the Dela shoes quickly show damage during the intended use & instead of using that data to improve the design they just discontinue the product line all together? WTH? :(
I have to ask. Did a real "disc golfer" design these shoes initially? Or did Keen just jump on a perceived "bandwagon" & try to market to a distinct audience without much research? And once a problem surfaces you turn tail & run? Did you not expect any feedback from the users of this product?
Is this a company that truly wants to market a shoe to a specific audience? It doesnt sound like it to me!
I dont get it. Why offer up a free replacement warranty if you just intend on replacing the defective units (not look at them closely to see where the problem lies)?
This is a pretty big shoe company with claims of quality & durability in many different market segments. Was this product not tested before releasing to the public? I find that hard to believe.
Are Disc Golfers too tough on your product? Really?
Time to step up & prove your worth not fold like a wet blanket & throw in the towel!
This could've went a whole different way. Your "Disc Golf" shoes could've been better developed & updated. New designs could've branched off, etc.
I dont get it!
Well it was nice knowing you!

Not the same thing. They will not rip through like most other shoes. It covers a larger portion of the toe area.

5275-01057-2271-060_01.jpg

this is a light, waterproof, breathable, gore-tex equipped shoe built for Disc Golfers that cost $120. not to mention the 1 year warranty where they replace your shoe no questions asked if you have a picture and a receipt. Basically getting 2 shoes for the price of one.

Dude, log back on to wherever you got that pic, and check out every other pair of keens. They all have the overmolded toes, most have better ones than the one pictured here.

The pair I play in have the toe mold, are breathable, and waterproof, and I got them for < $100, and don't have to wear fugly shoes.

I use three shoes when playing. The Saloman synapse for wet days. Thick sole, waterproof very durable and has all the right coverage. For other days its the merrell barefoot Trail Glove or new balance minimus trail. Close to the ground, super comfortable and vibram soles.

Time to switch to north Face

I don't recommend it. I used the Hedgehogs first, and the sole separated from the shoe. Then I got some crappy imitation of the Hedgehog that was the most uncomfortable running shoe I'd ever worn. Now I use Brooks Ghost GTX. I can't speak to their boots because I wear running shoes, but the North Face ones were either uncomfortable, fell apart, or had the Gore Tex wear out while the shoe still looked relatively new (if new shoes were coated in mud for three months).

So a few pair of the Dela shoes quickly show damage during the intended use & instead of using that data to improve the design they just discontinue the product line all together? WTH? :(
I have to ask. Did a real "disc golfer" design these shoes initially? Or did Keen just jump on a perceived "bandwagon" & try to market to a distinct audience without much research? And once a problem surfaces you turn tail & run? Did you not expect any feedback from the users of this product?
Is this a company that truly wants to market a shoe to a specific audience? It doesnt sound like it to me!
I dont get it. Why offer up a free replacement warranty if you just intend on replacing the defective units (not look at them closely to see where the problem lies)?
This is a pretty big shoe company with claims of quality & durability in many different market segments. Was this product not tested before releasing to the public? I find that hard to believe.
Are Disc Golfers too tough on your product? Really?
Time to step up & prove your worth not fold like a wet blanket & throw in the towel!
This could've went a whole different way. Your "Disc Golf" shoes could've been better developed & updated. New designs could've branched off, etc.
I dont get it!
Well it was nice knowing you!

This wasn't their first go around. The Milo's were a DG specific shoe too. they apparently tried to remedy the problem with an updated pair. We are pretty tough on shoes apparently.

I for one am very disappointed. I've never had a problem with my DeLa's and I have two pair that I regularly rotate. I think with DG you should expect to go through your shoes very rapidly. If you have the means I suggest buying two pairs and rotate them like I do. Them seem to last longer than expected.

I simply wear New Balance Minimus running shoes. WTH do you all do in your shoes to tear em up so badly? Why are you draging your toes etc? The pivot is on the heel/outside of the foot and from what I've seen of most pros is fairly flat and controlled. I don't get how you're tearing up shoes so badly.

water resistant maybe, but i dont think any of these shoes are truly waterproof are they? 30 minutes in dew soaked high grass and the water is coming in

Latest posts