• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Knock off Gorilla Boy Bag.

I can't say whether it's garbage or not, but I do know that I've owned a Squirrel Monkey from GB and bought a very well used original version Simian that is still going strong with my friend who bought it from me and loves it. I KNOW the Simian will be the last bag anyone needs/will have to buy. I wouldn't want to spend 150 bucks to see if this bag is even half as well-made.

Hey guys I don't post here much - or at all really - but I do post on /r/discgolf a lot as /u/danthedan115. I've been scouring the internet looking for info and opinions on this bag. I have the opportunity to review a brand new Baglane disc golf bag this weekend. Let me know what you would like to see in the review and I will try to get to everything, I'm making a list and will probably be posting the review on YT on Sunday. I am not a shill for these guys at all but I offered to objectively review the bag for them after they received some outlash on reddit and got their Amazon listing tanked with one-star reviews. I aim to do a out-of-the-box review and then another review after ~2 months of play.

I will not be commenting on my personal views on the subject of whether this is a "rip-off" or not and not interested in debating that here. I just want to give a fair shake and let the user decide for themselves.

Thanks guys.

Same bag company, different bag title. Is the bag named a Fusion because they fused Gorilla Boy's product and Baglane's competitive business sense together to make this bag? YouTube video?

almost certainly manufactured by the same company

As Gorilla Boy's owner acknowledges, he outsourced manufacturing of the black Simians. I can almost guarantee that these Baglane/Fusion bags are manufactured alongside the black Siminians in the same factory.

Sad truth about outsourcing manufacturing to China.

As Gorilla Boy's owner acknowledges, he outsourced manufacturing of the black Simians. I can almost guarantee that these Baglane/Fusion bags are manufactured alongside the black Siminians in the same factory.

Sad truth about outsourcing manufacturing to China.

I remember him saying it was just a one off deal to handle some backorders or something. Would be odd to outsource just one color.

Same bag company, different bag title. Is the bag named a Fusion because they fused Gorilla Boy's product and Baglane's competitive business sense together to make this bag? YouTube video?

Competitive business sense???

I think you meant flat out theft. Disgusting and nobody with an ounce of awareness and decency would buy the bag or support the "company". I still hope GB sues those slimy douches.

Competitive business sense???

I think you meant flat out theft. Disgusting and nobody with an ounce of awareness and decency would buy the bag or support the "company". I still hope GB sues those slimy douches.

Seems hard to sue the Chinese that makes the same bags from multiple factories in China. Suing Bagalane is possible as they still make the original model for them from multiple factories, the other more expensive model of same thing is a "improvement" by having a side compartment have the ability to be a insulated cooler with drain pouch. In my mind it is not enough to change the bag to being an improvement on an old model unlike the Infinity almost knock off of the small Upper Parks bag.

Seems hard to sue the Chinese that makes the same bags from multiple factories in China. Suing Bagalane is possible as they still make the original model for them from multiple factories, the other more expensive model of same thing is a "improvement" by having a side compartment have the ability to be a insulated cooler with drain pouch. In my mind it is not enough to change the bag to being an improvement on an old model unlike the Infinity almost knock off of the small Upper Parks bag.

I know man, just wishful thinking.

I know man, just wishful thinking.

Me too, but I think GB is letting it slide as only a black and grey model were made as the knock off. Still even with price reduction it would not be enough to try the knock off disc golf bag, more like $100-110 and I would try it over the original Gorilla Boy as I have a set up for less then $100 that has a seat built on it.

Me too, but I think GB is letting it slide as only a black and grey model were made as the knock off. Still even with price reduction it would not be enough to try the knock off disc golf bag, more like $100-110 and I would try it over the original Gorilla Boy as I have a set up for less then $100 that has a seat built on it.

You could give it to me for free and I'd make a "review video" of me throwing it in the garbage and reviewing it zero stars. I wouldn't be caught dead supporting those ****heels at any cost. Fkn scumbags, the whole lot of them.

You could give it to me for free and I'd make a "review video" of me throwing it in the garbage and reviewing it zero stars. I wouldn't be caught dead supporting those ****heels at any cost. Fkn scumbags, the whole lot of them.

Yeah sure with the brand Baglane but if I happend to find another knock off from direct china maybe as I do not want to be associated with a bad company and rather just have an anonymous bag from a unknown Chinese factory rip off as this happens all the time in China. However I would much rather support a guy who is making the original product for people and making a living in the USA. I do have to say one thing that the Simian looks like a slight modification of a bag used for backpacking that I have seen out there, just the one for backpacking had an open top with clip strap and no seat as well as the bottle holders being where you would put a disc between the main disc storage and the side pockets which were smaller on the Backpacking bag.

Fusion Bag

So I've had one of those Fusion bags for over a year now. Haven't used it in the last 6 months or so because I bought a Dynamic Discs ZUCA cart and an Innova Super Hero bag to go with it. The fusion is a very solid bag, but it does show wear after heavy use. ( A Simian probably would as well) If I have a tournament on a course that is not cart friendly I still use it but it's the exception rather than the rule for me these days. In fact, usually when I carry a bag now I use a Dynamic GBO messenger bag with about six discs, my disc gator, and tripod for non tourney rounds.

I love the cart though. So much easier on the body especially on multi-round days. I recently played 54 holes (15 miles worth) in one day and I know I never would have made it carrying a bag.

That being said, haters gonna hate. The Fusion bag is good especially for the price. Good quality everything. Most people don't play anywhere near as much as I do. I'm a seven round per week minimum guy weather permitting. SO I started wearing the bottom of the Fusion bag out a bit after 6 months and the strap padding is more compressed than when it was new. I figure I have put 2-3 years of "normal" wear and tear on the bag and its still fully usable. As with all things your mileage may vary.

I hear GB has a new version of the Simian out now. I haven't seen one so I cant comment on it. I'm sure it's a great bag just like the original Simian (this I have seen). That's why they were copied in the first place.

So moral dilemmas or crystal clear, black and white perceptions of right and wrong aside, The Fusion Pro is a good product .
Gorilla Boy is a good product that was copied by Baglane. Baglane made a great copy.

I would buy it again.

You're back shilling, eh? Go on promoting your product (or friend's product), but why not be honest about it? Maybe I'm wrong, but it's all you've done on DGCR. Other than a few posts all to the same thread, they've all just been to push these knockoffs.

You're back shilling, eh? Go on promoting your product (or friend's product), but why not be honest about it? Maybe I'm wrong, but it's all you've done on DGCR. Other than a few posts all to the same thread, they've all just been to push these knockoffs.

Right? Design clearly ripped off, smug shills and lots of shoulder shrugging "yeah we stole it, get over it" attitudes. Honestly I don't know how a company could present a product in any worse of a light. It's like a textbook example of how not to engage your target demographic.

Right? Design clearly ripped off, smug shills and lots of shoulder shrugging "yeah we stole it, get over it" attitudes. Honestly I don't know how a company could present a product in any worse of a light. It's like a textbook example of how not to engage your target demographic.

If One is to make the same exact bag design, improve on the old style of the old bag that is being copied. Bagalane could have made the bag better with larger side pockets or something. It was not until a few years later that Baglane has made a modified of this Gorilla Boy bag with one of the side pockets as a cooler with drain storage, a bit late for that.

Originally I would have made the bag side pockets be more rectangular to have just a tad bit more storage for tall items and made the bottom pocket not use a zipper but rather a Velcro system for latching hoping it helps the pocket Zipper issues the early runs of Gorilla Boy Bags had.

Dude. I'm not shilling. I said the Gorilla Boy bag was a quality product. That's not schilling.

I saw a review of the NEW GB Simian. Looks like it's well made. They took away a lot of features that make the BAGLANE bag so good though.

LOL!!!

F. Howl, if I could be any two people they would both be you. Nah maybe not

Latest posts