• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Jade

This and the Hatchet are at the top of my list for spring purchases.

I want to try one, but no dice at my local DG retailer... so far behind it is frustrating.

I got my two Red Opto Jades from MSt yesterday, didn't get time for a photo but they are awesome looking.. Red reflector foil on red opto. One has some sparkle in the plastic. I doubt the camera will do them justice. Can't wait to throw them.

Threw mine a bit yesterday. It is a red 152g. Very interesting disc! Hyzerflip machine.

Just like the diamond except it has more late low speed fade. Honestly it has the same high speed turn as the diamond. Anybody with over 300ft of power will need to hyzer flip it. Where the diamond would turn over and hold that long sweeping line, the Jade will turn over, sweep for a bit and then fight out of it. Seems like it has more glide because it fights out of the turn.

I haven't done any measured throws yet, but i am willing to put money on breaking my personal flat land distance record (411ft with a pro katana). Hit this disc right on a steep hyzer and it just screams out there on such a beautiful tight helix.

Just like the diamond except it has more late low speed fade. Honestly it has the same high speed turn as the diamond.

I wouldn't say it's quite that close. It's a speed or two faster for starters. Still a small rim but it's easily in the 8-9 area where the diamond is a 7 that feels more like a 6. I've only thrown my 144g but the glide on it is insane. Of course the diamond glides pretty well too but when I powered the jade way down it still went about as far and just floated longer. It's certainly not a bunch more HSS but enough that it fits in the easy to use line and is a step up from the diamond. Definitely a hyzer flip disc for most grown males. Have to use some finesse and form. Not enough bag space for all the releases this year. I'm going to have to make some tough decisions.

I definitely liked it. I did like the return at the end. Hyzer flipped it almost as far as I was throwing my Lace at first and past it later. Just have to be smooth is all. Didn't get as much play time with it as I wanted, but I am quite sure this will make the bag. :thmbup:

I'm trying to talk myself into getting one of these. I've got Rivers, Saints, Fury, and Vision. The Jade sounds like a blast to throw but I'm not sure where it will fit in. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm trying to talk myself into getting one of these. I've got Rivers, Saints, Fury, and Vision. The Jade sounds like a blast to throw but I'm not sure where it will fit in. Anyone else in the same boat?

Depends on the condition or use of those discs for you. Since it's a light weight line I'd say there's room but it could overlap for flight quite a bit. It's faster than a river and slightly less HSS I'd say. About saint speed and glide so would pair nice with a saint for tailwinds or powered down shots. Never cared for the fury don't know how you use it but the Jade probably mimics it for flight in ways. Easier to turn the Jade probably for most. I've thrown two visions. An old one in gold line that was easy to hyzer flip and turn and a recent run of opto that is about as beefy as a saint pro. I can throw it in wind even stronger than I throw an escape in. So I don't know how your vision is but it's probably slightly faster and more stable than a jade but still some overlap. You can always buy one and trade it to me if you hate it. I've got a river or saint I'd let go. :)

I keep trying the Fury from time to time, but I just don't click with it. My Opto Vision is the older flippy version. I had hoped the Fury would fit between my Saints and Vision but I just don't like the Fury. Sounds like the Jade could be the Fury I wanted. I think we talked me into ordering one.

completely forgot about the Vision. seems the Vision and Striker have been eclipsed by other molds. Wonder if they'll be OOP soon.

Hope not. My Striker helped me save a semi-miserable tourney performance last weekend.

completely forgot about the Vision. seems the Vision and Striker have been eclipsed by other molds. Wonder if they'll be OOP soon.

Yeah. ..I could easily see the Striker or Vision going OOP. It would suck, but considering the variance within the molds over the years, it is a possibility.

Isn't Striker one of the Jesper Lundmark signature discs?

That might keep it from going oop.

Bought the wife a yellow 154 jade yesterday
(Give it to her today, jewelry for Valentine's day)
I compared a stack of 7 discs that were same color and weight, and the PLH was just about identical on all of them.
I was surprised, because you will see a big difference in diamonds, and I thought these would be the same way.

My wife threw her jade a few times yesterday.
It looked/flew like it was pretty stable for her.
Which kind of surprised me, she gets her diamonds out over 200'.
But it looked like her teebird the way it was flying.
I havent tossed it yet.

How are those Jades flying?

First couple of throws with mine (154g), it was a bit more OS than I would have guessed. But after thinking about it, I was not warmed up, the disc was brand new, and I believe there was a bit of a tailwind.

After I progressed through my round, I got a better feel for the Jade. I threw it on some longer holes where I had a small amount of wiggle room. It held tight lines and went quite far considering the amount of power I was putting behind it. Longest throw was around 275-300'. My backhand maxes out at 325-350' (primarily a FH thrower).

It had the stability of say a GL Saint...(based off of a limited number of throws, maybe 10). Nice forward fade! I flipped it a few times but it never burned on me. Feels nice in the hand. I can see using this disc a lot when I want to shoot a small gap and go a long distance without having to rip into it.

My personal ratings of the Jade:

Ease of use: 8/10
Ergonomics and Feel: 8/10
Usefulness of Flight characteristics: 9/10
Wind effects on Flight: 5/10
Overall Usefulness (for beginner to intermediate players maxing out at 350'): 8/10

Latest posts