• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Falchion

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
http://www.pdga.com/announcements/swing-falchion-trilogy-challenge

"Scary fairways where you need perfect accuracy and a good amount of distance? Cut through the air with Falchion! For drives around 300 ft it will hold a soft anhyzer and slowly fight its way back to a small fade. When you need a disc to slice thru the tight fairway Falchion is an excellent choice of weapon. This disc is a great step up for beginners who have gained drive power and think that discs like Diamond, Jade and Fury are too understable. Falchion is the Latitude 64° contribution to the 2016 Trilogy Challenge. SPEED: 9 | GLIDE: 6 | TURN: -1 | FADE: 2" - by Latitude 64°

Sounds very similar to a Saint. :|

I'm really curious to see how this compares to the Saint and Striker.

Trilogy stability -1 doesn't inspire confidence, but we'll have to see what it is. There are already tons of turnover drivers in their lineup so a reliably straight fairway would be nice.

Now that we have the PD clone, I'm eager to see the Trilogy Teebird. Though I doubt that this is it.

Before the numbers were released, I was hoping this would fly like a long compass. Dead straight. There's lots of trilogy discs that are similar to this already.

Now that we have the PD clone, I'm eager to see the Trilogy Teebird. Though I doubt that this is it.

What's the PD clone?

Also, the only company that has made a teebird clone that actually flew like a teebird is Legacy with the Rival, no one else has managed to pull it off (well discmania and the flat topped fd, but that was an accident I'm guessing)

Yup, Culverin and to some extent the Longbowman fill that slot pretty well, especially that straighter end of the PD spectrum. I think the beefiest PDs are already quite close to Felon stability so I don't think Trilogy is missing much there.

The Teebird slot on the other hand is completely empty. You could beat a Spark to death, but that is not what a Trilogy Teebird really means. A GL Trident could be pretty close as well, but it is OOP and very inconsistent.

Yup, Culverin and to some extent the Longbowman fill that slot pretty well, especially that straighter end of the PD spectrum. I think the beefiest PDs are already quite close to Felon stability so I don't think Trilogy is missing much there.

The Teebird slot on the other hand is completely empty. You could beat a Spark to death, but that is not what a Trilogy Teebird really means. A GL Trident could be pretty close as well, but it is OOP and very inconsistent.

I would agree that my overstable cPDs are pretty close to my Felons - especially the dyemax, enough so that I probably won't carry cPDs for a while, and just carry a newer and older sPD instead.

The problem with trying to make a teebird clone these days is that the teebird was intended for dx plastic, and innova got lucky that it (and the eagle) translated so well to premium plastics. Most discs these days are made for premium plastic, which in my opinion is making it much harder to get that sweet teebird flight. I feel like Rico worked a deal and got an old teebird mold from innova somehow, the Rival is just so close in flight to a teebird :)

Culverin is pretty nice. If i wanted to replace my PD cycle in my bag now i think some combo of
Felon/Longbowman/Culverin/Saint pro/Escape from OS to turnover driver, would do the trick, or be pretty close

I thought the saint/saint pro depending on version of stability of the run, is Lat 64's teebird?

Yeah right now its looking like: Felon, longbowman, Saint pro kind of setup for my fairway spots.

If I only had room for all the other stuff that I like: thunderbird, trident, xxx, spark. I guess it can be tweaked according to the course, wind how I'm feeling etc..

I really love the thunderbird mold as it a touch faster, a touch longer and a touch more wind friendly than my pop top fairly os Saint Pro's.

So I imagine if the previous variables present themselves I would have to pull out something to put the thunderbirds in the bag.

What's the PD clone?

Also, the only company that has made a teebird clone that actually flew like a teebird is Legacy with the Rival, no one else has managed to pull it off (well discmania and the flat topped fd, but that was an accident I'm guessing)

I think Westside may have intended the Stag to be their version of the Teebird. We all know that didnt happen though.

I think Westside may have intended the Stag to be their version of the Teebird. We all know that didnt happen though.

heh, I dont know what happened for everyone else. I have a 168g VIP Stag that flies like a faster teebird, and a TP 173g Stag that flies exactly the same. I can hyzer flip them to max distance driver distances and put them on any line, just like teebirds. I like the stamp and the plastic way better though.

I'm sorry not everyone got Stags like these. :'(

On topic : I'd be interested to try a Falchion if I had faith in the numbers. I like some of Trilogy's stuff in that ballpark, and really hate others.

I'll try one, when Trilogy Challenge time comes around.

I can't say I'm super interested, though.

heh, I dont know what happened for everyone else. I have a 168g VIP Stag that flies like a faster teebird, and a TP 173g Stag that flies exactly the same. I can hyzer flip them to max distance driver distances and put them on any line, just like teebirds. I like the stamp and the plastic way better though.

I'm sorry not everyone got Stags like these. :'(

On topic : I'd be interested to try a Falchion if I had faith in the numbers. I like some of Trilogy's stuff in that ballpark, and really hate others.

I'll definitely try a Falchion. Why not right? I cant say I'll waiting in front of my computer for the release though. This spot (the 9,6,-x,x) is such an over cluttered slot anyway. If you cant find what you're looking for in whats already being produced... And furthermore, by putting a new disc in this stability slot is going to mean, it gets interest for a very short period of time before its smothered by the sea of other discs that are similar or the same.

I went through four Stags when they were a fairly new mold, 168-173g, two VIP and two TP. One of the TP was an absolute meathook at168g. The others werent as OS but got bitchslapped by any wind. Maybe WS worked the kinks out of the Stag? I wouldnt turn down trying another as I love the WS plastic

Last edited:
Of this stability range, now its boiling down whether you want average glide, or oodles of glide.
And to show just what I mean by the above, I did a search with a given range of stability as I mentioned... I could have narrowed it down some by adjusting the glide, as this is important in the flight of a disc... but still... here it is

screencapture-infinitediscs-com-Advanced-Search-1460054135145_zpsoz9lysao.png

Last edited:
I am disappointed by this. Infinite had numbers up previously showing it as a speed 7. I was kind of looking forward to trying it at the Trilogy Challenge then they show this and it is another speed 9 driver... Seriously?

Where I am at, I am just so much more consistent with slow drivers and Trilogy comparatively seems to have a massive holes in their lineups at speed 6/7.

VALKYRIE ish....but the Valk is already awesome so.......im good. But I love discs with those flight #'s so, itll be good hopefully

VALKYRIE ish....but the Valk is already awesome so.......im good. But I love discs with those flight #'s so, itll be good hopefully

Ish yes. But Id be willing guess that the Falchion is going to be less stable, and maybe even stepping on the toes of a Sidewinder. If thats the case, I'll gladly buy a couple to sample.