• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Falchion

Is the Falchion comparable to a Prodigy F3 ?

I have an F3 and I like it pretty good. I have not (yet) tried the Falchion but it's high up on my list. From what I'm reading and from what I know of throwing the F3, I would expect the Falchion to be less stable than the F3.

Finally got a lighy used 175g
Only tossed it a few times, but it seems like a pretty good disc for this noodle arm.
Flew very similar to my vision (seasoned Saint)

I love mine, very dependable fade for my arm speed

for me, it flies like a slightly longer and a bit more OS Tbird

I have an F3 and I like it pretty good. I have not (yet) tried the Falchion but it's high up on my list. From what I'm reading and from what I know of throwing the F3, I would expect the Falchion to be less stable than the F3.

Update: I can now say definitively that the above is correct.

I needed to get above one of those magical lines to get free shipping, so on a whim I added a 168g Opto Falchion to my order. And it may turn out to be one of those whims that works out very, very well.

The Falchion is more understable than the Saint fresh-out-of-the box, but the Falchion does come back with a decent fade. The Falchion is definitely more understable than the Prodigy F3, as well. The Falchion is right between my Champion Sidewinder and my Star Sidewinder in terms of flight.

The Falchion got AMAZING distance for me. It outdistanced my Teedevil on one hole, outdistanced my Champion Shryke on another hole that is downhill, and on that hole the Falchion got over 300ft.(!) (again, admittedly downhill). I don't think the Falchion is a disc to be thrown into headwinds, though.

Overall, it's a really nice disc and I'm going to work with it a lot more on the range and on the course in the next couple of weeks.

Wow, what a fun disc. While I am not exactly sure what I'll do with in on my home courses, it doesn't get any more fun to throw in a field than this. At my power it turns a good bit without burning, then dumps kinda hard at the end. I was throwing mine in the same group with my Thunderbirds, An S-PD and a fresh Volt. The Falchion was longer than all. I imagine because I was getting that maxed out flight from the turn. If there were a speed 9 limit on DG, this would be my main driver.

Not very close to any Volt I've thrown. Even my very well worn Volt is less US than this fresh Falchion, but then again, my Falchion is recycled plastic.

I parked three holes yesterday with this disc. Holes I used to throw Terns/Destroyers on. This may be the disc that convinces me discing down may actually work at my speed. That, or it's a truly magical design.

I parked three holes yesterday with this disc. Holes I used to throw Terns/Destroyers on. This may be the disc that convinces me discing down may actually work at my speed. That, or it's a truly magical design.

Same here. I've been using the Falchion a lot on long throws in the fairway, especially where footing is bad and I have to make a standstill or two-step throw. The Falchion's tremendous glides gives that extra little bit of distance that shaves a stroke (or maybe two) off my score in a round.

Have really been ripping this disc well lately. Buddy of mine throws a Fury, and he recommended the Falchion to me, and I couldn't be happier with how it's coming out of my hand. Just ordered a sparkle blue opto to compliment my bag.

I don't mess with my bag much at all, but because of this thread I bidded on and won a $9 TC Falchion as a possible Saint replacement, and I think it's going to happen (only a few rounds in). The Falchion feels better in my hand (less dome) but still has tons of glide, and it's not nearly as nose-angle sensitive as my Saints.

I picked up a 170g Opto Falchion and its overstable... Hmmmm. :/ I'm not really seeing much turn at all. It's definitely more HSS than any Saint I've ever thrown and it also doesn't seem to have tons of glide. Honestly, it's flying like a seasoned Culverin or a Culverin L of there were such a thing. Seems like a decent disc but not at all what I was expecting based on what I've read here and seen in various youtube reviews. I recall people from the TC saying that some of them were pretty OS. Maybe there is a fair amount of variation? Maybe Opto is more HSS? I can flick my Falchion with some decent power and it doesn't want to flip. I can't say that about the Saint.

I picked up a 170g Opto Falchion and its overstable... Hmmmm. :/ I'm not really seeing much turn at all. It's definitely more HSS than any Saint I've ever thrown and it also doesn't seem to have tons of glide. Honestly, it's flying like a seasoned Culverin or a Culverin L of there were such a thing. Seems like a decent disc but not at all what I was expecting based on what I've read here and seen in various youtube reviews. I recall people from the TC saying that some of them were pretty OS. Maybe there is a fair amount of variation? Maybe Opto is more HSS? I can flick my Falchion with some decent power and it doesn't want to flip. I can't say that about the Saint.

Neither of my Opto Falchions have a lot of turn, and they hold hyzers extremely well. But with a good, correct flat throw, it just goes and goes and goes, such is the glide...

With Trilogy stuff in general I don't see much difference off the shelf with different plastics as long as the PLH is the same. I do see generally recylced/biofuzion having higher PLH but my sample size isn't huge.

My Opto SaintPro flys by the numbers of a Falchion. Not what I wanted but like the disc and wondered what I could replace it with when it gets too far gone and saw an Opto Falchion I picked it up and flys just like my Saint Pro, I'd put the numbers on these as something like 9,5+,-2,3
Both have great glide a good amount of turn but always come back at the end.

Sounds like you would have a perfect pair if you would add a Recycled. Those are the magical ones.

Okay, so I caved and picked up a recycled Falchion. Holy wow, you were right. What a great disc! Essentially, this ends up being the perfect glidey, slightly understable Valkyrie-like compliment to my Alpha lineup. I do like the Falchion more than the Saint as the flat Falchion feels much better in my hand and feels very much like the Alpha to me actually. There is very little transition from the Alpha to the Falchion. I just get a little more controlled turn out of the Falchion and a little more effortless line shaping. Distance potential for it's speed class is massive and feels right in my wheelhouse. It's going in the bag. :hfive:

Raided my dads unused Trilogy challenge discs...does this fly like a Valk?

Latest posts