• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 "Havoc" and "Pain"?

"Havoc" is a pretty sweet disc name. "Pain" doesn't work for me.

"What kind of disc is that?"
"It's a Pain..."

But who am I kidding? I'll buy 5 of each, I'm sure.

He was born a poor man but worked hard and is now the CEO of a major corporation...

Oh wait, that's probably not it.

Looks like the "Pain" is going to be the Wasp/SuperRoc midrange they've already teased.

For the "Havoc", the only driver slots they're missing are:

Warp-speed, - HSS, + LSS, ie Nuke/Katana/etc. (The Flow is only Speed 11)
Laser straight fairway driver, ie Teebird/Stalker (I personally think the Striker is more like a fast Eagle)
Noodle Arm Warp Speed Driver, (hate if you want, but these seem to be big sellers)

What else? Nothing that I can think of. But "Havoc" sounds like a distance driver to me.

It's tough to tell though, as their most recent discs (River and Flow) are unique in and of themselves in many ways. So you never know.

Aren't halo and blitz warp speed?

Yeah, but the Halo I threw was very speed-sensitive overstable. Like a meaty champ Boss. Never thrown a Blitz. I believe both have a slanted rim as well.

I just have the feeling that they're looking at the popularity of the Nuke and Katana. I've definitely wondered what a Nuke would fly like if it had the Flow/River's rolling bead.

The Blitz does have a slanted rim.

I'm with you I think that the Havoc will be Nuke like unless it becomes more Surge/Wraith-like as a straight long range driver.

They just came out with the Flow. While not top of the charts for speed, it does fill in the understable side of the speed chart with the halo on the other side. I can see them going overstable with this one, making it a faster Riot, but why would they want to hurt their Flow sales with that being such a new disc itself? it would have to be crazy understable to differentiate itself from the flow if they went that way.

Did the riot ever come in gold line plastic? Is it possible that it could just be a retooled riot in the gold line? As I mentioned earlier, the name havoc does imply some connection with the riot just like how there is a connection between the river and flow.

with a name like havoc,id assume it's going to be overstable. The rim looks wide but not too bad. Maybe a speed 12? Or another 11. I think with discmania coming out with the beefy pd2,this will be a better feeling riot or blitz on the beefy bigger rim side. Lets pray :) I love my pd2's so this would have to get good glide and be beefy. Mmmmm.

I dubt it's going to be understable. The name havoc just says badassness.

They've been submitted to pdga already...so it could be quicker than that

Funny that the banner gives the Havoc/Pain teaser, then the website addy: When you go to the website absolutely NADA on the new discs

the pain was hinted to us to be released in spring but I think we'll see both of these sooner than later since they've already got stamps on em. The pain is going to be a stable to overstable mid like say a wasp or so. Not sure if it has a bead,they havnt clarified that yet