• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 "Havoc" and "Pain"?

It is a fast midrange for sure. I use it for tee shots from 225'-275'. Haven't tried any powered down shots. For me that's anything shorter than 225' and for that I'll use the wizards.

I'm getting longer distance with hornets... 300ft ish.

Pains.... 285ish..

but that's negligable if you ask me. Pains are :thmbup:

O' I love the Pain and it completes my bag. To me the speed is more like a 5 and not a 4. I'm throwing both opto and goldline 176...the challenging thing for me is deciding to which plastic stays in my bag; for now I'm leaning towards the goldine and it maybe b/c all but one discs in my bag are goldline plastic.

I favorite throw thus far is a flex shot. I love watching it glide, sloooooowly standing up and then flexing. I've only spent about half an hour experimenting and used it for 2 rounds of 18 in league play. Great disc!

YES!!! ^^^^ Flex shot is a thing of beauty with the Pain. That is a shot that has been missing from my midrange game too. Can't wait to get back on the course and learn it better.

I have a GL Halo and a Echo Star Katana. Where does the Halo come in? Should i trade in for a Halo? I'm tempted. I love the rest or their flyables. Is it true that the GL Havoc is more stable than the Opto?? I wouldn't think so, but have no experience with them.

Last edited:
Usually optos are more stable...but you get 'freak' runs now and again
Halos are more stable-overstable than their other high speeds (Flow and Havoc)

Got two Gold Line Havocs the other day. Until the snow clears I cannot simply go out to a field and just unleash them to see what they can do. The rated stats puts them between the Halo and Flow on the Lat spectrum which leads me to believe it is just under the Z Nuke for high speed stability but should have the same LSS with a touch more glide.

What have people seen so far? I will be able to get out and throw but it would be on a course in real-round situations. I do not want to be too surprised. Currently I am packing both Z Nukes and Star Vulcans for all my hyper speed - maximum distance needs (and XG Bosses for those windy days). The feel of the Havocs along with their listed ratings seems to put them between those discs I carry and provide enough overlap where I might be able to eliminate them, carrying the Havoc only, lightening my bag, and giving me an excuse to buy more of those pretty Gold Lines.

Is this what others have seen so far? I could just wait until the snow melts, but honestly, who can really do that when given the chance to play now? Besides, I have two big tournaments and the start of my amateur league all in the next three weeks. I thought I had my bag set until I bought these Havocs.

Haven't tried gold lines. But opto havocs start to get real flippy after a handfull of rounds. they do retain most of their LSS and fade out. the final 50 feet of flight. I still love them. And have nixed my pro destroyers and flows for this one mold. I still carry an opto halo purly for the extra overstability if needed.

Finally got out and threw my two new Havocs. I am still undecided about this disc. One moment it showed awesome potential in glide, distance, speed, and predictable fade, yet the next instant it either got flippy or dove straight into the ground. I had the same problems with the Flow, just not as extreme extremes.

I only got to throw them during an actual round and did not get a chance to open field test them first. After a couple of throws it seemed to have the initial stability between a Valkyrie and a Wraith, flying best with a slight hyzer. It almost flipped up flat but maintained forward momentum as it eventually faded. The only time it flipped was directly into a moderate headwind. I did try two anhyzer lines. The first stalled out in a crosswind and then got whipped way to the right because of the wind. The second was a little lower to the ground and flattened out perfectly, giving me an ace run on BRP Hole #21 that I have not being able to dial in for over a year.

What I want is for the Havoc to have enough overlap so i can pull my Z Nukes and Star Vulcans out my bag, reducing the number of discs i am going to carry into the upcoming tournament season.

how's the dome on the gl havocs?

Not obscene, but not flat. It appears to have less of a dome than the Opto Flow but close to the same as a Star Vulcan, just with a smoother line. Those were the only two discs I had handy because they are close to the same stability.

Not obscene, but not flat. It appears to have less of a dome than the Opto Flow but close to the same as a Star Vulcan, just with a smoother line. Those were the only two discs I had handy because they are close to the same stability.

thanks for the info. what color(s) do you have? anyone know if different colors are flatter than others?

I have the sparkly candy orange/red and a solid blue. I do not have enough throws on them today to tell you if they seemed different because of color. The one that stalled on me was the blue one, but it could be that I just did not give it enough torque when I forced it into a high anhyzer. The wind, going from right to left, definitely took it for a ride into the next county. The red one instantly turned and burned in a headwind, barely making it to 250'.

During the winter my range is reduced from 400 down to 340-360. My best shot of the day was with the red one making 370 and just left of the basket. Practice throws earlier in the round yielded results again within my average 340-360, so I am excited about what this disc can do in the summer when I am back up to 400.

If there was anything that I can comment on after just one round is that the Havoc was what I was hoping the Flow could be. The Flow was suppose to be the River but for maximum distance. I truly believe the Opto River is one of the best, if not the best, disc ever made. Yet if I give the Flow maximum distance power, it becomes rather unpredictable, the Gold Line more so than the Opto Flow. The Havoc definitely handled far better and more predictably when given more power. It still will take some time getting used to how much the Havoc flips up and at what direction I need to aim it at in order for it to fade onto the basket, but this initial round was far more promising than disappointing.

Then again, I really liked the Star Vulcan after just one round of field throwing. I am willing to replace the Vulcan in my bag because the Havoc seemed to not flip up as quickly, thus being a little more forgiving if I really lay into it and do not want it to flip over, but I am currently not willing to pull out the Nukes yet because I did not get a chance to see how well the Havocs can hold a high arcing anhyzer line for distance. One throw it held a low line drive anhyzer really well, giving it just enough to turn right without flipping over, but the only throw I got into the sky like I mentioned earlier turned into a kite in the wind.

Lastly, due to reduced distance in the winter, I had several shots today at BRP where I would normally throw a mid but due to distances and unsure footing in the snow I had to go with drivers for several stand-and-deliver second shots. Normally I turned to the River but there was this one shot on Hole 7 where I still had 300+ feet left to go. From a stand-and-deliver the Havoc flew true the whole way, taking a run at the basket. Its straight glide is amazing, most likely staying that straight more so from its speed and not necessarily from its neutral stability.

Havoc

I got the 169 pearly white gl havoc today and played a round of 36 but only throw it about eight times or so. I didn't get to experiment like I normally do with new discs but there's next week. Compared to my 170 opto, I don't find it anymore stable, in fact, it's a tad less stable. It's easier for me to hyzer flip the gl. Great glide and easy distance of course. Mid March is when I'll really have more time to test it on different line, until then, I'm liking it.

Just got my Pain in the mail today. Going to play Deer lakes tomorrow, hopefully will get a good review of it afterwords

Can I get some different reviews on how the pain holds up to 20-25 mph head wind. My super roc flips to straight/goes slightly right before barely fading in these situations and always leaves my out right.

Can I get some different reviews on how the pain holds up to 20-25 mph head wind. My super roc flips to straight/goes slightly right before barely fading in these situations and always leaves my out right.

Great question, I know my old Drone could handle it. I recently got a 177 Opto Pain, I like it so far.

The first week I got my 176 opto and gl, I played in my winter weekly leagues and it was windy (20-25mph with gust around 35). Both discs handled the wind impressively - I was actually surprised. I released it both with slight hyzer and also flat. They both seem equally stable but I've always favored gl and that's why it's in my bag.

I want a straight dose of Pain, which plastic/weight of Pain do you guys think will give me a fairly straight Pain?

Has anybody thrown some ~165 Pains much? Sloppy, you've got some right?

My 174 is a straight flyer when thrown with lots of snap. It will also hold a beautiful hyzer line when "told" to do so. I like to stay 7-10 grams away from max weight for straighter flights but 174 was the best I could do at my local shop. I like the Core on a hyzer flip line for straight shots with a soft landing. Seems to stay in the landing zone where as the pain will come in hard sometimes and skip away.