• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Frank Delicious said:
Just stopping in to say I have finally beat in an opto villain and it is the tits.

Curious
What is it doing well now that it beat? Still a deep hyzer/headwind disc but more usable or something different?

Jeronimo said:
Premium Mercy is only a matter of time.

I sincerely hope that you are right! I have ten zero line mercys and love them for putting, and I will definitely be buying a stack in whatever premium plastic they come out in to use as a driving putter.

I can see how a beat villain would be ( o Y o ).

I thought they were keeping eze and calling it Zero firm or something like that.

nah, it's just gonna be zero that's stiffer. Eze's out. Not that I think it'll suck, probably will be just fine. I really like eze though, trying to scrounge up as many mercies in eze as I can.

What's the deal with the Zero Soft available at Disc Golf Center? Is this is a new run of Zero Line? How soft is it? Does anyone else have it?

keltik said:
I can see how a beat villain would be ( o Y o ).

I thought they were keeping eze and calling it Zero firm or something like that.

Zero hard is an old plastic available in Spike for example but it is still a medium grade tops plastic. Softer and less durable than grip line Spikes. So Pro (Zero hard) vs Star (Grip) i'd say.

EL-KABONG! said:
Frank Delicious said:
Just stopping in to say I have finally beat in an opto villain and it is the tits.

Curious
What is it doing well now that it beat? Still a deep hyzer/headwind disc but more usable or something different?

Good S curve D that is very controllable.

Got a couple of each eze and Zero Pures in the mail today from Marshall Street. The grip is the same but the stiffness is not, which I kind of expected. Wondering if the Zero I got was this Zero soft material.

I would imagine that they are Zero Soft. although the Zero Pure I have from a couple years ago is kinda soft in its own right.

Same grip? Must be pretty different zero mix than in the pures I owned a few years back, they were super rubbery and grippy, like nothing else I've ever held since.

No I have not unfortunately. I've never been a fan of Zero as I mainly push/lob, and the old Zero was too floppy to work for my style, especially when it was warm. Worked well for driving though, didn't matter if it rained, grip was awesome all the same.

For visual reference...

Eze
Photo100_zpsfbe4b365.jpg

Zero
Photo98_zps20121a6a.jpg

I know that some Soft Magnets taco with ease. The Zero plastic I have doesn't quite make it there.