• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Sounds interesting especially if the flatness with micro bead means at least Wasp type speed or faster because the added glide should push it farther alone so if it is a double increase of distance from the speed too -nice. If i don't hear bad things about it i think i need to try it out.

It sounds kinda like the Fugitive...

Dynamic Discs Fugitive 180.9 21.8 2.1 1.3 19.1 1.4 6.0 39.00 7.82
Latitude 64 Mace 180.9 21.8 2.1 1.3 19.2 1.3 6.0 38.75 8.39

Comparing Z and Opto variants (because that's all I've thrown), Comet is slower and a bit more HSS than Fuse. Same diameter, which is slightly larger than average, so they feel pretty similar in hand except Fuse has slanted (+) inner rim. If hyzer flipped for a straight throw, I think Comet has perhaps less fade but neither has much fade at all and both are easy to flip over so that they will never fade. Fuse is easier to get under low ceilings. Comet is based on a Roc but not as stable whereas Fuse seems a better pair for a Buzzz. Comet gets finicky in headwinds but Fuse is even moreso.

I've thrown a test material Fuse, started flippy, got crazy flippy but still somewhat usable. Gave to my dad as a starter disc. I currently have a Z Comet in the bag along with Buzzz's, if a Fuse would yield a grip more consistent of a Buzzz that would be good for my bag.

Currently my putters and mids look like this:
2x magnet (soft for winter, d for summer)
esp zone
z comet
2x buzzz (esp and z)
z wasp

andrew said:
Comparing Z and Opto variants (because that's all I've thrown), Comet is slower and a bit more HSS than Fuse. Same diameter, which is slightly larger than average, so they feel pretty similar in hand except Fuse has slanted (+) inner rim. If hyzer flipped for a straight throw, I think Comet has perhaps less fade but neither has much fade at all and both are easy to flip over so that they will never fade. Fuse is easier to get under low ceilings. Comet is based on a Roc but not as stable whereas Fuse seems a better pair for a Buzzz. Comet gets finicky in headwinds but Fuse is even moreso.
That's a pretty good write-up. New/heavy Fuses lock onto a line a lot more than a Comet does so if you like flipping discs then a Comet is more your speed. The Fuse isn't as touchy, probably b/c it's a bit faster, you can be a little dirty with it like Frank said.

Zero hard Mace 178 red did not fly like the Wasp in the wind but was a glidier and a hair less fading possibly longer disc in calm to mild winds. I had no footing in the snow so i threw underpowered so the apparent lack of HSS and slightly lesser LSS should become even more obvious at high power. The rim is pretty slanted and having the best winter grip ever with rubber cement treated gloves i got one slip with a flat shot (two fingered power grip) and a few with annies with two to four finger power grip.

First day and snow left some marks on the disc so i don't think that durability around rocks is gonna happen with this plastic. The bead is somewhat sharp with flash and the tallness of the rim. The disc is pretty deep inside.

With flat throws without hard wind the glide was quite alright and the speed surprising for such a tall and blunt disc outdistancing the C Roc3 nicely. FR Suspect had less glide and more speed so while both like power the height requirement for distance is different. With the Suspect getting far even when low with the speed. The Suspect is more power sensitive and gliding for D only if putting it a few feet higher.

Flat releases flipped rarely with hard winds and tracked at other times a little but moderate winds were problem free. In moderate winds the fade is assured but not as hard as with the Z Wasp. The Mace fights out of fairly steep annies underpowered. I maxed out at 270-280' with it which was nice considering the snow depth. I could not say how well the flexing out happens from annies of x degrees at more power. At 260' a 2 degree anny flexed out and faded left. About 6 degree anny with moderate wind pushing the bottom of the disc flexed out with about 13' apex flat above the basket at 74 meters stopping in a tree behind the basket so i cannot say how far it would have gotten. 280' probably. S-curves might gain D on s-curves but it might have been the wind too.

An intriguing disc with limits to hard wind tolerance. Not a bad first impression in adverse conditions. I imagine the grip is ok to fine in the summer when it is dry. For non windy days i would not pick the Wasp anyway and now even less since the Mace is straighter and longer. I want to rip this at full power in good conditions because i think this disc will get better with more power. But 450'-500' driver throwers might overpower it at least in the wind. I have not thrown the Pain but people have likened it to a Hornet and unfortunately i have only an early flippier than later (reportedly) disc. So i have no idea how this relates to other mids from Latitude but their line up had missed a disc like this if the Pain is harder fading. But will it beat Cores, Wasps, Buzzes, C MD2s etc? It does the not so OS Hornets but i have no idea about regular ones or the good Pains. For power throwers the Mace probably beats the Core.

cubeofsoup said:
Can someone sell me on Fuse vs Comet?
Fuse is easier to get along with, but it's an understable disc to some extent, whereas when thrown properly a good Comet shouldn't turn even when nutted. Still, can't go wrong with either, and at shorter distances the differences don't matter that much.

Thanks to the more HSS nature of the nutted not flipping when released cleanly to 330' Comet is my pick.

People dreaming of GL Rocs could be somewhat underwhelmed based on hard Zero Mace because it has a higher power requirement thanks to less glide more LSS. It is around new Rancho DX Roc is stability so shorter by a few feet. IDK how the GL differs and this experience is with just one example so i don't know if there is variance between discs.

So, I'm fairly new to disc golfing. I have only been a couple of times before and havent been in a couple of years now. One of my roommates has recently gotten into it and wants to go. I remembered having some discs that my ex gave me a while back, anyway I found this one in a box. Do you think it's good for a beginner?

ZVoae0I.jpg

asiankatie said:
So, I'm fairly new to disc golfing. I have only been a couple of times before and havent been in a couple of years now. One of my roommates has recently gotten into it and wants to go. I remembered having some discs that my ex gave me a while back, anyway I found this one in a box. Do you think it's good for a beginner?

It's a great disc, maybe not for a beginner though. It's got a special stamp, so if it's unused it's pretty valuable. I suggest you trade it for a putter and a mid-range or a slow driver. Check the trade/buy/sell section here. I'm sure you get there some good offers.

I'd love to get that disc, but unfortunately I live overseas, the shipping costs are too high :cry:

You can send me that disc for evaluation, it's a non-returnable evaluation....

the stripper strikers are one of the best runs of that disc but like slowarm said it may not be best for a beginner. If you like the Striker you should look for the Eagle Stamped GLs. Those came out more understable. They may also be harder to find since it was a very short run of discs.

If you like Latitude I would say try the River or the Saint as a more beginner friendly driver.

BrotherDave said:
. . . The Fuse isn't as touchy, probably b/c it's a bit faster, you can be a little dirty with it like Frank said.
^^^Yep. I've been working on my throw this spring and gaining some distance (especially with putters), but at the cost of adding a little OAT to my throw. Once I stop tinkering with the throw I'll clean things up, but in the meantime the Fuse has been much more forgiving than the Comet.