• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ledgestone 2017

EEEEK! Sorry, I was not really thinking about that. I was just pretty pumped for the outcome. Let's chalk it up to being a simpleton. Lesson learned. Go back to talking about baskets.

No it's fine. I just recently found out about the spoiler tag thing. Would be good use with these tournament coverage coming through so quick.

I'm happy for Val for sure.

No to using spoiler tags, and no apologies for not using them. They're a pain in the ass for people who want to talk about the tournament in the moment. Those that don't want things spoiled should avoid the thread until they've seen the videos or whatever.

It's one thing to have a tournament (or game or TV show or movie or whatever) spoiled because someone opens their yap in your vicinity and you can't help but hear. It's quite another to purposely open a thread about the event that is clearly active with discussion and expect things not to be spoiled.

I am mystified by some of Wysocki's decision making. Particularly going for the flick through trees and over OB on 3 every round. There is nothing desirable about that route.
One of the last round 3 holes, Wysocki went for a roller on what seemed like a no-brainer for a FH, especially with a FH like his. Along with the commentators, I was like, "What is he doing!?"
scoring update! FPO is killing it with three to go. Val and Jessica Weese are neck 'n neck. Super surprised Paige is not remotely in the mix, but who cares, this is fun to keep up with.
I wish the coverage on FPO mixed in with the live MPO video was more complete than it was. Too many times there was a few of the tee shots, but not everybody's, missing upshots, missing putts, etc. One hole, all that was shown was Paige having a really bad hole, missing 2 putts, double or triple bogeying. Even without that, and without the missing coverage, it was evident that Paige was not having a good day.

Where have you been all year, buddy?

It's been three years ago that the open pro guys voted for tee-times, one round per day at their big events. Last year was the transition year, and this year it's been that way from the beginning. Some events have two courses, but that's all. It's kinda like, you know, ball golf's biggest events. It's what the pros wanted.

By the way, what makes a course where even par is right about 1000-rated a boring course?

All of the artificial ropes on otherwise wide open holes is what makes it boring to me, buddy. If I'm in the minority in that viewpoint then fine. I will say hole 4 is pretty cool, pal. I will also admit to being in the dark about what the pros voted on 3 years ago, homie. Disc golf is also, you know, only kinda like golf. I guess I'm just used to big disc golf tournaments being played on different courses, bro.

Last edited:
Congrats to Val on the big win!

And about Anthon....when will we quit with the RV jokes. I think it's time to put all that in the past and let the man play some disc golf.

Last edited:
So Anthon is killing it, so let me go ahead and ask this now. Does Innova sign him after this, or does another company come in and pick him up after his win today? (Yes it's not over, but it's over).

And about Anthon....when will we quit with the RV jokes. I think it's time to put all that in the past and let the man play some disc golf.
I'm guessing so long as the jokes get reactions like this, they'll continue. They'll stop when they no longer get a reaction (either laughter or offense/annoyance).

So Anthon is killing it, so let me go ahead and ask this now. Does Innova sign him after this, or does another company come in and pick him up after his win today? (Yes it's not over, but it's over).

I doubt this event alone makes any difference in a potential sponsor's eyes. Either they're already talking to him or they're not. A win here isn't going to make anyone new come running after him.

I mean, it's not like he's a new face coming out of nowhere. Everyone knows who he is, what his history is, and what he can do on the course.

I'm aware that that they all know who and what he is capable of on the course. I'm just saying those same people might have been laying in wait to see if he could still compete at that level after all that has happened. A win like this would surely prove that beyond any doubt.

All of the artificial ropes on otherwise wide open holes is what makes it boring to me, buddy. If I'm in the minority in that viewpoint then fine. I will say hole 4 is pretty cool, pal. I will also admit to being in the dark about what the pros voted on 3 years ago, homie. Disc golf is also, you know, only kinda like golf. I guess I'm just used to big disc golf tournaments being played on different courses, bro.

What big MPO disc golf tournaments are played on multiple courses? I don't know how you could be "used to" big tourneys being played on different courses. I haven't seen one with more than two courses in over a year? Several have used only one course.

fyi, the "three years ago vote" was just background info.

So I guess USDGC is another boring, single-course tournament in your opinion?

Last edited:
I think the fat lady is warming up. 10 stroke lead with 5 left. Josh has played solid golf all weekend.

I haven't seen one with more than two courses in over a year? Several have used only one course.

Memorial uses three courses and has for the last few years, FWIW.

The trend towards two or one course only for these bigger events is one requested by the touring players (I don't recall a vote). The idea being that touring players prefer not to have to "learn" a bunch of courses at every event. They prefer one or at most two courses for that reason alone. NT and DGPT and Major events are tailored for those touring players, so there's good reason to give them what they want.

And if the one course used is properly set up to challenge the elite in the game, and they're using tee times, there's no reason for them to play multiple courses.

One of the commentators mentioned how Nybo comes early to tournaments. He not only plays the course(s), he studies them, playing sections of the course repeatedly, different sections on different days. Personally, as a spectator, I like the multi-course tournaments because it stays fresher on different rounds. However, as a player, while I like seeing the different courses, I appreciate more the more evident reward from one (or two) course tourneys for players that put the effort into learning and preparing for the courses.

I heard that winnebago is looking at him, there is also an aftermarket offroad bumper company, and dont forget about ky.

What big MPO disc golf tournaments are played on multiple courses? I don't know how you could be "used to" big tourneys being played on different courses. I haven't seen one with more than two courses in over a year? Several have used only one course.

fyi, the "three years ago vote" was just background info.

So I guess USDGC is another boring, single-course tournament in your opinion?

:wall::wall::wall:
Just off the top of my head...
The Memorial used to use two, currently uses three
GCC this year used two or three
BSF uses two
BHMO uses two plus an extra final nine layout
HOFC uses two
GMC uses two
Masters Cup now uses two (used to be one)

And I'm sure many many others use multiple as well. It seems it's only lately that some large MPO, and primarily the DGPT, use one course. Most of the huge events traditionally used two, with the European Major being the exception to that rule.

As to if single course tournaments are boring, h*ll no. It's all about the golf man. I'm actually enjoying this tournament because it's at least park golf. However, if the course is super boring to watch, then I'm not gonna enjoy watching the tournament, but it doesn't matter if it's a single courses or multiple.

I don't see the impact being too "crazy" if Innova were to resign him. Like everything else in this day in age, it would breeze by after a few weeks. I saw Positive support from the pro scene, most of the people watching the live stream and the Facebook following this weekend. The same people who would complain or make a stink are the same people who complain any time Innova makes a new mold, sells tour series discs over and over and find something wrong in everything that company does. I hope they decide to support him again one day, that Innova logo on his back today was very fitting. Solid win this weekend!

Latest posts