• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs Phenom

Now that these have been out for a bit, how are people feeling about them? Mine just came in today and I haven't had a chance to throw it yet, but I am curious what the community has come up with so far...

How bout them Hokums?

Anyone throwing those Glow Phenoms yet? Curious how they are flying compared to the BOTA discs? The Icons absolutely crush. Hoping the glows are similar.

There's definitely some turn to the glows. I do not have a cannon for an arm but I can get these to turn right for a bit but they always end up back straight unless I torque it over. They are laser beams if you ask me. I've crushed some great drives with my glow phenom. IMHO they are a longer Patriot.

Does this seem similar for anyone else?
I have an icon patriot and one of those green legend phenoms from b.o.aces.
My icon patriot never seems to fly as understable as it is "supposed" to based on stats. My phenom, on the other hand, has a bit of high speed turn to it. Phenom is definitely a little faster, and I'll use it for a bit of a predictable S, but for straight/a little fade I'm still throwing a rival or a patriot.

Anyone else have wacky stable patriots and or very flippy phenoms out of the box?

I've got a pair of Icon Patriots <regular run> in the bag and they're pretty much laser straight fliers. They don't flip unless there's wind.

I've got a pair of Icon Patriots <regular run> in the bag and they're pretty much laser straight fliers. They don't flip unless there's wind.

Same here, my icons are all pretty HSS. Lightly seasoned excels are my favorite flip-to-flat discs. Wonder if the Phenom would be a good fit for me.

I've got a freak of nature FR Legend Patriot 175g that will not turn over unless I throw it on an anny. If I snap it flat and hard, it just goes straight and then fades hard right. My Glow Phenom has a lot of turn to it and I can get nice movement to it when thrown flat and hard.

I throw Patriots, and they are go-to fairways for me. I am definitely interested in the Phenom, but how much more distance are you guys getting out of it vs. the Patriot? I would definitely bag a Phenom, but only if the distance potential difference is enough to warrant another mold in the bag.

Phenoms took out Bandits and Patriots form my bag. A beat Icon Phenom for the Bandit and fresh Icons for Patriots.

The glows are about as stable as the blue Icons - thrown flat, they have slight turn. Touch of hyzer puts them dead straight. Glows somehow seem to have more glide than the Icons. Red Icon is the most stable I have thrown (flat release stayed straight).

Now we just need Pinnacle Phenoms...

Hmm, interesting. I may have to try one, but it would be brutal switching from my Patriots! I am pretty heavily invested in them.

Phenoms took out Bandits and Patriots form my bag. A beat Icon Phenom for the Bandit and fresh Icons for Patriots.

I'm really hoping to do the same. Got to throw my blue icon today and really liked it. But it was in 20 degree weather so...

Can't seem myself dropping the Patriots, not yet anyways. Patty for me powers down better than the Phenom and is more accurate with get out of awkward stance throws (had two par saves with foreflick Patriots from stances and lines that I thought for sure would be bogeys). My Icon Pats have less fade than the Legend Phenom I own, so I can trust them to keep a straighter line all the way, whereas the Phenom does bring a more noticeable fade at the end. I can put a little more ooomph on the Phenom without worrying about it, at least off backhand, haven't given it all that many throws forehand.

I pair my phenom with my patriots for when I have that same tight line,but need a little more d. The gM BOA phenom is exactly how I wanted my bandit to fly. Much more controllable for me.

I pair my phenom with my patriots for when I have that same tight line,but need a little more d. The gM BOA phenom is exactly how I wanted my bandit to fly. Much more controllable for me.

Phenom that flies like a Bandit :confused: . My one Bandit was US like a mofo, probably even less so than the Mongoose I have these days. I'd probably say Nemesis flies like I wanted the Bandit to fly, but then, at least for me, Nemmy isn't as US as the Mongoose (I'll throw the Nemesis into headwind without care, it's not going to turn and burn or drift right too much and still packs a fade), both are good for working on my hyzerflip.

What are the profiles like on the different plastics? Any of them flat?

What are the profiles like on the different plastics? Any of them flat?
I just found a Legend Phenom yesterday, and it's pretty flat. Initial thoughts holding it, feels like TL, and then throwing it also very TL-ish. I like it.

Necrobump for more reviews. Anyone else throwing these?

I've recently been toying around with 175g and 167g Pinnacles. I like this disc a lot. The closest comparison I can come up with is a slightly longer River. I'm not finding them to have as much fade as a TL and they turn easier/more than a TL too. Maybe it's like a seasoned TL or seasoned FD. It seems also a bit less nose angle sensitive than a River. For me this disc is a dead straight with a little wiggle 300 foot tunnel eating machine. It seems to excel at low medium power beeline hyzer flip shots that go where you throw them. I imagine that at higher power, it would probably become too flippy. Mine don't like headwinds. They really like tailwinds. The plastic colors light blue and light purple are absolutely gorgeous and I totally dig the stamp.

The Phenom is shaping up for me to be a very nice must hit the fairway disc that still gets the distance but never does anything too crazy. The Legacy description of midrange control in a fairway driver is a good one.

Necrobump for more reviews. Anyone else throwing these?

I think I posted somewhere else about this. I got an Icon Patriot and I liked it fairly well, though it's a bit more stable than the River (I was looking for a turnover disc with good plastic that did not become flippy over time like Gold Line Rivers).

So I tried a Phenom, thinking it might be between the TL and Teebird. And at first, right out of the box, my Icon Phenom was just what I wanted: a bit longer TL.

And then something happened. I was at the range throwing several discs in the speed 7-8 range. The Patriot was straight with some fade. The Phenom suddenly became a super-flippy disc that was turning over with the wind and against it. It was like my two Legacy discs were reversed in what I was expecting them to do.

So the Phenom had to be relegated to the box. Too bad, too; Icon plastic is really nice, and the disc felt good in the hands...