• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Less flippy Underworld

Try a Stag - I have a 173 TP that fills the exact slot you are talking about. It is much closer to the Underworld than the numbers indicate, sweet disc.

Stags have some turn, but have a big fade, especially when fresh. Out of the box the Stag is not a less flippy Underworld IMHO.

Be careful with the f7 I threw a friends and liked it so I got one mine is crazy flippy it really is only useful for rollers while my friends flies like a seasoned leopard.

I've never had any issues with any Prodigy disc I've purchased other than say some excessive flashing on my F2. I own 16 Prodigy discs in all and whereas I don't believe Prodigy by any means to be perfect(see flashing comment above) not once have I encountered any of the claims of wild inconsistency to be true.

I've never had any issues with any Prodigy disc I've purchased other than say some excessive flashing on my F2. I own 16 Prodigy discs in all and whereas I don't believe Prodigy by any means to be perfect(see flashing comment above) not once have I encountered any of the claims of wild inconsistency to be true.

That's cool I would expect that kind of answer from an all prodigy bag guy, but the truth is I throw rollers with my f7 everyday it's far too understable for air shots even on a hyzer flip it dives right too early I still like the disc but its not what I expected and my friends is a good bit more stable works great on a slight hyzer flip to turnover drive. So even if you havnt seen the inconsistencies they are there I've seen it first hand and it's been mentioned in just about every prodigy disc thread there has been.

That's cool I would expect that kind of answer from an all prodigy bag guy, but the truth is I throw rollers with my f7 everyday it's far too understable for air shots even on a hyzer flip it dives right too early I still like the disc but its not what I expected and my friends is a good bit more stable works great on a slight hyzer flip to turnover drive. So even if you havnt seen the inconsistencies they are there I've seen it first hand and it's been mentioned in just about every prodigy disc thread there has been.

I've been throwing Prodigy for 3 months now (I was bagging eight different manufacturers' discs prior to trying out Prodigy,including an Underworld and a River), you "threw a friends" F7, so paradoxically and ironically this makes me some kind of 'fanboy' and you some kind of 'expert' on Prodigy. My skepticism gets riled when "every Prodigy disc thread there has been" piles on with "experience" such as yours, yet after 16 purchases, 3 months, and hundreds(thousands?) of throws later I've failed to see the urban myth of Prodigy's infamous inconsistency while you just have to throw a friends Prodigy a few times(it was more than once I hope anyway) and voila -Prodigy is all over the place with it's consistency. Science!

I've been throwing prodigy since it came out, and I see some inconsistencies. But then again, people expected the Prototypes to fly like they're supposed to. News flash! No company's protos fly like expected. Now, have they fixed them for production runs? Yes. Every production disc I've bought has flown like expected. And the D3 flies farther than anything else I've thrown.

To the OP try the F5! It might be what you're looking for! If all else fails, you can sell it and buy something else.

you got to look around for them but a latitude vision with a big dome works great for the shots you described.

I've been throwing Prodigy for 3 months now (I was bagging eight different manufacturers' discs prior to trying out Prodigy,including an Underworld and a River), you "threw a friends" F7, so paradoxically and ironically this makes me some kind of 'fanboy' and you some kind of 'expert' on Prodigy. My skepticism gets riled when "every Prodigy disc thread there has been" piles on with "experience" such as yours, yet after 16 purchases, 3 months, and hundreds(thousands?) of throws later I've failed to see the urban myth of Prodigy's infamous inconsistency while you just have to throw a friends Prodigy a few times(it was more than once I hope anyway) and voila -Prodigy is all over the place with it's consistency. Science!

I have thrown his plenty of times we play together every Wednesday I tried his for a couple weeks before he brought me one for myself because I liked the way his flew. And I told you in my last post I throw mine pretty much everyday just for rollers because mine was way more understable than his.

Funny thing is you were defending prodigy after my first post which was in no way talking down on prodigy I understand that every manufacturer has inconsistencies I don't really see it as a problem because it works to my style of cycling molds. All I was trying to do is warn the op to be careful because you might end up with one that is very understable like mine, you just took it as talking smack when it wasn't!

Is no thread safe from becoming an argument about Prodigy?

Let's talk about less flippy versions of this:

8520029542_4e5b061d8b_z.jpg