• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] less stable tern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Id argue the ones who are pedantic and condescending are the the *******s posting for help and then saying well thanks but no thanks i know better lol.

Didn't ask for help. Asked for a simple discussion on a disc. Which degenerated into a bunch of internet 1030 rated players going into their de facto youre throwing the wrong discs diatribe despite the clear understanding of the op that as a general rule his arm isn't using those hs discs as advertised. Falls on deaf ears tho.

Not really. It will all come around full circle one day.

Id love to throw a round with you if ever in MN. Ill gladly toss your "instaroller" mamba on a hyzer line.

::raises hand:: started disc golf as a torque monkey FH player who said they wouldn't need a putter.

I also owned multiple grooves. Fackyallz! That 2 finger BH grip made them fly aiiight. 3/10 throws.

Too much! :D

even after it was made clear I didn't need the disc speed lecture it went on for six more pages.

Didn't ask for help. Asked for a simple discussion on a disc. Which degenerated into a bunch of internet 1030 rated players going into their de facto youre throwing the wrong discs diatribe despite the clear understanding of the op that as a general rule his arm isn't using those hs discs as advertised. Falls on deaf ears tho.

Sent you a PM, check your inbox. ;)

When you want to meet up and let me throw that mamba? XOXO

It is all good man. I love being 1030 internet rated. I even call out McBeth as needed. Bottom line is ive met mad dudes on here who can crush a disc and dont even give a **** about xyz. Just play if thats the point or listen and stfu.

People are so crude. He gets it

Anyway. I throw a bit further than you but not much. Although it's a touch slower I truly love my renegade. I know a couple others said it and you used one for a while, but revisit. Mess with a couple plastics or weights because it can bomb

When you want to meet up and let me throw that mamba? XOXO

It is all good man. I love being 1030 internet rated. I even call out McBeth as needed. Bottom line is ive met mad dudes on here who can crush a disc and dont even give a **** about xyz. Just play if thats the point or listen and stfu.

Loved that! But you were looking kind of like the OP here in that go round. :p

Angry elf is missing the point. If you're looking something that you can get to turn easier, a lower speed will turn easier. Hence my suggesting a 10 Speed Discmania S-TD. Not only can you get more flex/turn/"S-Curve" to maximize glide more easily, they can be thrown 400' with less effort than a more overstable disc. (I think that's what you're looking for) If a Tern is going 325' and acting overstable, a less stable and slower disc will fly as far (if not farther) with more turn for you, getting more glide. The new Innova Shryke is another option if you're looking for something understable, high-glide, and just have to have the higher speed rim.

Sorry OP.
Here, I think this is what you wanted to hear:

innovadrivers.png

Want to throw farther? ---> Move to top of chart!

Oh no, that disc shyzers out? ---> Move to right side of chart!

Looks like you want a Daedalus.

Every disc golfer I meet in person is all about growing the sport and you clowns here drive people away. I don't get it.
Dude comes here as a new member but a clearly experienced player (who probably has a higher rating and is a better player than half you so called experts)
And you drive him away in an afternoon.
Grow the sport indeed

i have thrown a mamba. the most useless disc ive ever thrown.

I max out around 325 with my tern, average throws ranging in the 300-320 range

Sounds about right... Cheers man.

Have some more fun in life. It goes a long way. If you care this much about what some random folks online say welp.... No help!

Sorry OP.
Here, I think this is what you wanted to hear:

innovadrivers.png

Want to throw farther? ---> Move to top of chart!

Oh no, that disc shyzers out? ---> Move to right side of chart!

Looks like you want a Daedalus.

I never even said i wanted to throw farther. Just more turn

I think your issue is that you're hung up on speed 12 going farther because it's faster.

Maybe try discing down and playing a lot of rounds with putters and mids until you're consistently throwing rocs and comets out to about 300' then start working on throwing drivers with lower speed discs like leopards and gazelles. That way you can improve your form and control. Next thing you know you'll be crushing 400'!!!!

And then you'll be able to bomb those Terns!:D

I think your issue is that you're hung up on speed 12 going farther because it's faster.

Maybe try discing down and playing a lot of rounds with putters and mids until you're consistently throwing rocs and comets out to about 300' then start working on throwing drivers with lower speed discs like leopards and gazelles. That way you can improve your form and control. Next thing you know you'll be crushing 400'!!!!

And then you'll be able to bomb those Terns!:D

Is this a serious post?

...but a clearly experienced player ....

Where are you getting this from? His self-promotion doesn't quite jive with his questions or responses.

Dude asked for advice. He got some pointers and plenty of folks who actually responded with disc suggestions. And some of us who responded with both. But OP got all hot an bothered up under his hat. His ass hat. Asshat.

Seriously, he could have said, at any point, "Thanks for the suggestions folks, but can we talk more about....." Except he couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.