• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Let's Start a Real War - Buzzz vs. Core

I have run into plenty of old schooley players that don't even have the slightest clue what the flight numbers mean...or how that affects flightpath.

These are not dumb people, mind you, they just couldn't be bothered. If they grab new discs and the discs work for them, they stay in the bag.

I am sure you know since you have been playing for like a year, right.
Three years actually. I try to make up for it with enthusiasm. =)

I do like to try out lots of different plastic (helps that I have a proto tester deal with one manufacturer and a reviewing deal with one retailer), while still practicing mold minimalism to an extent with my actual bag. I try to be as methodical and "scientific" as I possibly can when going about my testing. I try to keep tabs on what people whose throwing and descriptions I trust think about various discs and see how it fits with my own findings. I try to keep up with whatever studies on disc physics I can find (learning that fade and turn are caused by the movement of the center of lift, which is mainly affected by aerodynamic shape, air speed and nose up/down has helped make sense out of a lot of things concerning disc flight), and always measure every disc I get. Particularly I make a habit of comparing the PLH to know good fliers out there, so that manufacturing inconsistencies don't affect me so much. But alas, there's still a lot of stuff to learn. Hopefully I'll learn lots and lots in the coming years.

I was deliberately trolling a teeny tiny bit when I said what I said about the MD2, but as far as my own playing style is concerned, I stand by it 100%. For me both the Buzzz and Core have too much turn and fade, and neither is that great in the wind. The Buzzz is phenomenal at locking into a straight line from a hyzerflip, with only a small bit of fade at the end. The Core is great at shaping lines with lower power. True hyzers and anhyzers are very possible with both, but not as cerebral for me as the MD2. I like them both, but for me personally the more true neutral MD2 just works better. When I throw it flat, it stays flat. When I throw it hyzer, it stays hyzer. When I throw it anhyzer, it stays anhyzer. It locks into whatever line I put it on without having to factor in the flip. They fare better in the wind, especially the flat ones. The glide is similar to the Buzzz, as well as the speed. I've had great success with manipulating their flight by adjusting power and nose angle.

To put it short, they do the true neutral thang better than the Buzzz and Core, and on top of that they just plain click with me.

Latest posts