• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LHBH form help, please help a "cheating lefty"

Lemony

I'm very interested in finding a way to meld power and accuracy into my throw, currently when I'm throwing at max distance I'm pulling my drives to the left and when I try to throw straight or on an S curve drive I lose out on a lot of distance. I need help melding my power with accuracy and I'm hoping to push my distance out further. In this video I'm throwing seven wraiths and I'm pushing them out to about 350-375ish.

Part of what i think i'm doing is moving my weight inefficiently and not bracing on the inner edge of the leading foot. This would let me throw harder and prevent the pulling of my discs to the left.

Yep. Your x-step is wild, your foot is so far behind it puts you out of balance. When your foot goes behind the front foot, keep your feet almost touching or go airborne. You need to be more upright in balance, maintain balance, don't lean it back and forth, so you should be striding and gliding all your weight forward targetward to your left(LHBH) more together. You shift your shoulders forward ahead of your hips.

Thanks Sidewinder22 to give me an idea of what your saying:
1.) Balance and tempo
2.) slower with the shoulders or faster with the hip.
3.) brinster hop or a more closed x step.

Thanks Sidewinder22 to give me an idea of what your saying:
1.) Balance and tempo
2.) slower with the shoulders or faster with the hip.
3.) brinster hop or a more closed x step.
1. Balance always maintain dynamic balance to move quick in either direction. You don't want to overcommit by leaning outside of your posture. Tempo, slow it down early and then speed it up at the power zone - It's really more rhythm than tempo.

2. Not talking about turning speed of hips or shoulders, just maintaining posture. You shift your shoulders over top your hips and lean over the top, need to stay braced inside your posture.

3. Hopping should put your feet closer together in the x-step and posture more upright balanced and athletic automatically. The enormous x-step you take with your feet on the ground is leaning you way out of posture and balance. Your rear foot is 180 degrees pointed away from the target, like I show not to do in power of posture, you can't make a forward move from your rear foot in that position, it needs to be turned toward the target another 45 degrees or so.