• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LHBH ripping left

I can imagine that you're pulling around your body and not on a straight line through your chest. Do you also have an issue with early releases?

Its an alignment issue. Instead of lining up straight on the tee, try coming across the tee from the back left hand corner, to the front right hand corner. This will allow that full release to go dead straight down the fairway. ;)

Yeah, it's body alignment. Hold your arm straight out from your side, now move it backwards while still keeping it straight. it goes farther behind your back than you think.

Do that the next time your on the tee pad. Wherever your arm stops moving backwards, spin your body to point your finger at the basket. Thats where you're body needs to be to use your arm's maximum range of motion.

Somebody said once that "grip locking" is actually the desired motion. Just gotta line your body up better.

Body Alignment

So I just tested this theory. I really do think this could be my problem but in order for me to point at the basket my stance is REALLY staggered. I am facing farther than 45 degrees away from the target.

So I just tested this theory. I really do think this could be my problem but in order for me to point at the basket my stance is REALLY staggered. I am facing farther than 45 degrees away from the target.

bingo :hfive:

feels weird at first... keep practicing.

DarkHorse,

What do you mean by my feet? I had my front foot at 90 degrees and my rear foot between 90 and 180 degrees.

You said you are 45 degrees turned away from the basket. Are your feet lined up with the basket and just your torso is turned away, or are your feet staggered as well?

The angle of your feet can affect your throw as well.

Interesting... I recently started doing some field testing with a focus on pinching down at the last minute (to generate more spin/snap) and had very similar results (mirrored because I'm RHBH). When I pinched really hard the disc would go significantly further but I'd often pull them to the right. I'm thinking this is caused by holding on to the disc a little longer and having it rotate around a little further before release. Does this sound like what may be happening to you? If your answer is yes I'd love to hear others thoughts on how to fix this. If you answer no I'll probably start my own thread asking this question so as not to jack your thread. May or may not be the same issue...

field practice is your friend. Progressive aim farther and farther right till your drive it straight, then replicate that motion.

Latest posts